• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN051: Kamonegi's Great Trials!

Great episode, thought about almost caught me off sweating and my hand is cold after watching the battle and gladed Farfetch'd won. Otherwise, Ash rank might go up to 500 something if he lost. Oh yeah, not to mention the plothole of how Ash get to 400 in the first place, We will never know.

Overall rating: B+

Considering how I feel that Ash's Farfetch'd just felt lifeless and stoic up until this point, this episode did a good job of making me warm up to it a little more and kinda anticipates me for the next one.

The sudden jump in Ash's rank though, yikes! It really does make me feel like the PWC is just an extra inclusion to the story rather than being one of the big points of this series.

Considering how I feel that Ash's Farfetch'd just felt lifeless and stoic up until this point, this episode did a good job of making me warm up to it a little more and kinda anticipates me for the next one.

The sudden jump in Ash's rank though, yikes! It really does make me feel like the PWC is just an extra inclusion to the story rather than being one of the big points of this series.
I think they only want to focus on the important battles now rather then the 1 minute stuff and show them in montages instead like they did here.

I think they only want to focus on the important battles now rather then the 1 minute stuff and show them in montages instead like they did here.
I agree. Having them be 2 minutes OHKOs every episode was turning them into just another checkbox on the formula, and that's never a good thing. Having the odd random PWC battle with the main character of the day like the Koromi one would be nice on occasion, but having a montage in the PWC episodes is definitely better than shoving token battles with literally whos into every episode.

Seeing Ash ranked past 450 in this episode was unexpected. They said before the rematch with Bea that he climbed back into the top 1000, but they just skipped the next 500?!

I saw someone mention that the Gallade trainer (Rinto? Was that his name?) could potentially be one of the Top 8 in the PWC, hence it wasn’t an official battle, cause all we know for the Top 8 at the moment is Leon, Lance & Raihan. Could explain why that Gallade was so similar to Diantha’s Gardevoir, by avoiding attacks in a almost copy-like pattern - Pikachu’s attacks in XY.

False swipe isn't the coolest move.
Suppose it broke its own rules, cause they pretty much knocked out G.Farfetch’d, which it can’t do in the games. It’s cool for that

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom