• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN051: Kamonegi's Great Trials!

It isn’t very often we can say – that battle went on for too long.

good battle, it just took up too much for the episode – and yet I feel like it concluded in a good way, nicely setting things up for Farfetch’d.

WOW, A FARFETCH'D FOCUSED EP WITH ACTUAL GOOD DEVELOPMENT?????? GIMME GIMME

I did enjoy it. The battle was long and not short like the others, and it does seems like Farfecth'd is closer to evolve. I just wish for more eps were like this.

But we gotta talk about the elephant in the room: Did they just,,, brezeed through over 600 positions in the PWC with Ash??? He was in the 1000s in ep 36, and now he is in 381???? Im sorry, but WHAT?

I refuse to believe that they just made the whole thing be off-screen. And the fact that we don't know exactly how the points are calculated just makes it worse imo.

And also, about Rinto: he seems like a good guy and looks like he's being shaped up as a rival, hum. I just pray to whatever God is out there that he doesn't end up as a Allain/Tobias who was made up just for Ash to lose in the end. Please.

...Honestly the offscreen rank thing was caused by that stream of Goh-focus (outside of Bea episodes) we had in the 30's. Honestly if there were some smaller battles shown during those we wouldn't have this problem.

....or we didn't have those two for one episodes.

...Honestly the offscreen rank thing was caused by that stream of Goh-focus (outside of Bea episodes) we had in the 30's. Honestly if there were some smaller battles shown during those we wouldn't have this problem.

The writers are clearly showing that they don't know how to balance two protags out. Or one protag and one co-protag?

I might be wrong, but I preditc a LOT of people won't like that we got this huge jump and everything was off-screen.

Yea, not gonna lie, that’s a bit annoying. We can get a string of Go related episodes watching him catch Pokémon and pointless filler yet when it comes to Ash’s goal, the thing they remind us of in the opening sequence every episode m, they just skip through it offscreen. And this is the second time Cinderace a row they’ve done it. It’s ridiculous.

The writers are clearly showing that they don't know how to balance two protags out. Or one protag and one co-protag?

I might be wrong, but I preditc a LOT of people won't like that we got this huge jump and everything was off-screen.
They have balanced Ash Dawn and May in DP and AG but now they can't balance them.

It could be handled better but I think it's more a problem with the PWC itself, anything but the high ranked battles feel pointless and like a slog, watching battles against nobodies in the lower ranks just isn't interesting. All of the strong trainers will have quickly climbed up the ranks quickly anyway so what we are seeing isn't that alarming tbh. There's just so many trainers competing in the PWC it isn't worthwhile to show everything.

At least it looks like it's getting interesting in the future with some major characters becoming potential rivals in the higher classes.

Last edited:
What was wrong with ash farfetch?
I still can’t believe he try to battle the other trainer even though it was weakened by the first battle it was easily lost on purpose

that gurder got new weapon isn’t thatdangerous to kill Pokémon

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom