• All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Preview JN052: Agricultural Experience! Where is Digda!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Grookey
Honestly, I am getting tired of the lack of PWC episodes, though JN051 could be related to PWC since it focuses on G-Farfetch'd. They NEED more PWC episodes. Ash and his goal is far more interesting than watching Goh catch more Pokemon to rot away at Professor Cerise's lab.
Yeah We Want Battles Not A Random Newbie Throwing Balls And Catching Everything In 1 Shot. PWC Matches Are Good Like JN018 JN025 JN034 and JN039. Maybe They Can Introduce A Galar Gym Leader Like Nessa or Milo and Have Ash Battle Them Like Bea!

Super Rhyperior!
Reaction score
Seen some speculation videos on youtube that speculate this episode might be related to the Diglett quest in the post games

Would be better than a Kanto episode

rippin'cer
Reaction score
I see your point, but Gengar is the neglected one now, not Dragonite. At least it did something in the recent episodes. As opposed to not appearing at all.
plus Dragonite had at least one battle where it emerged with flying colors

Super Rhyperior!
Reaction score
Staff list courtesy of Dephender at Serebii

Screenplay 柿原優子 (Yuko Kakihara)
Storyboard 齋藤徳明 (Noriaki Saito)
Episode Director 門田英彦 (Hidehiko Kadota)
Animation Director 谷澤泰史 (Yasushi Tanizawa)
Animation Director 日置正志 (Masashi Hioki)

WHAT A TWIST!
Reaction score
Yuko Kakihara is a new writer for Pokeani, but she has a legit CV including shows like Cells at Work, Chihayafuru, Digimon Tri, Aikatsu. So hopefully she will bring some good writing to the table!
Let's hope so. At the very least make a pure, updated-OS level filler entertaining...

Super Rhyperior!
Reaction score
Done a background check on writer Yuko Kakihara. This is her first story but she's got experience which includes Head writer of Digimon Adventure Tri, Jewelpet Sunshine, Aikatsu Stars/Friends/On Parade, the Stitch anime, the Persona 4 anime, Chihayafuru, Cells at Work, Unbreakable Machine Doll... she's a fairly accomplished veteran.

Reaction score
Done a background check on writer Yuko Kakihara. This is her first story but she's got experience which includes Head writer of Digimon Adventure Tri, Jewelpet Sunshine, Aikatsu Stars/Friends/On Parade, the Stitch anime, the Persona 4 anime, Chihayafuru, Cells at Work, Unbreakable Machine Doll... she's a fairly accomplished veteran.
In theory an accomplished writer could work but if they lack the understanding about the characters and world in the story like Reiko Yoshida who worked on Tokyo Mew Mew, Violet Evergarden, K-on and the beginning two Digimon show. But with her we get an episode on Pikachu origin story that was mostly fluff and told us nothing new about Pikachu as a character , the Cubone episode in which Goh had seven pokemon on hand and the infamous episode 30 of journey in which Pikachu and Ash act ooc .

Reaction score
In theory an accomplished writer could work but if they lack the understanding about the characters and world in the story like Reiko Yoshida who worked on Tokyo Mew Mew, Violet Evergarden, K-on and the beginning two Digimon show. But with her we get an episode on Pikachu origin story that was mostly fluff and told us nothing new about Pikachu as a character , the Cubone episode in which Goh had seven pokemon on hand and the infamous episode 30 of journey in which Pikachu and Ash act ooc .
True, I think episode 30 is a fantastic short story, but it fails in terms of utilizing these established characters in a believable way.

Goh’s Pokédex Completion Percentage: 8.3% done!
Reaction score
What's the summary for this episode? Where is it?
The summary for this episode won’t be out till next week, since it’s after the Farfetch’d episode.

Reaction score
Is it me or does no one seem to care about this episode??

This is the only thread of the upcoming episodes that has less than 3 pages.

The title of Sobble/Inteleon's Episode only got revealed yesterday and it already has more replies to it's thread than this one.

Meanwhile this Title has been revealed for WEEKS

Boku ga Kira da
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He / Him
There's just too little information about this episode to be excited about right now. Diglett is a Pokémon that has appeared countless of times already and the agricultural experience part doesn't sound that interesting (in my opinion at least). If they confirm that this episode indeed does take place on the Isle of Armor (as it has been speculated that this episode will be related to the Diglett sidequest in the Isle of Armor DLC), I'll get a bit more pumped for this episode. I can't wait to see the Isle of Armor and the Crown Tundra in the anime, regardless of the episode.

Reaction score
Since Episode 50 is shared Ash and Goh focus and Episode 51 is Ash focus, i think this episode is gonna be Koharu focused.

Reaction score
I doubt this episode will take place in the Isle of Armor, I imagine it would be pretty difficult to farm on the beach. Maybe this episode will take place in Pallet Town.

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Grookey
*sigh* This is gonna be BS and a waste of 22 minutes of my life...

What's a Pokemon?
Reaction score
I doubt this episode will take place in the Isle of Armor, I imagine it would be pretty difficult to farm on the beach. Maybe this episode will take place in Pallet Town.
Why the beach? There's tons of regular dirt on the island and a farm right in front of the dojo.

WHAT A TWIST!
Reaction score
Is it me or does no one seem to care about this episode??
Ah heck, even TVTokyo doesn't seem to care...

It's just another updated OS-style filler. The fact it's sandwhiched between episodes people are more interested in/excited about makes things even worse...

Status
Not open for further replies.