• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Preview JN052: Agricultural Experience! Where is Digda!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I don't know how others will receive it, but I think I'm going to like at least some of this episode based on that preview (Diglett Retrieval Squad, unite)!

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
Yeah, nothing about this episode looks exciting. It just seems like more filler.

Reaction score
At least let Goh catch Diglett and Dugtrio, episodes where he catches nothing are more annoying than super easy caputures. Episode 50 got it right with Boldore and Arctovish.

Reaction score
At least let Goh catch Diglett and Dugtrio, episodes where he catches nothing are more annoying than super easy caputures. Episode 50 got it right with Boldore and Arctovish.
While I agree that the easy captures are better than episodes where he just forgets his goal, episode 50 still has him walking out of a field where at least 10 pokemon that he doesn't have are in easy throwing distance. The fact that Boldore is all he catches, and that that is only after it attacks Koharu feels weird when in 51 he is dragging Ash to the rock tunnel for a single Geodude.

Reaction score
While I agree that the easy captures are better than episodes where he just forgets his goal, episode 50 still has him walking out of a field where at least 10 pokemon that he doesn't have are in easy throwing distance. The fact that Boldore is all he catches, and that that is only after it attacks Koharu feels weird when in 51 he is dragging Ash to the rock tunnel for a single Geodude.
Character inconsistency, the favorite past time of Journeys.

Reaction score
I genuinely hate the fact that their trivialization of Pokémon captures with Go has resulted in my reaction to the prospect of him, a main character, catching a Pokémon being ‘Meh’. Given how easily Go’s captures are for the most part and how 95% of the Pokémon he catches become forgettable background material, they might as well expect us to get excited about the prospect of breathing air.

"Always waiting for someone to ask for her hand."
Reaction score
It's nice to be able to say that Chloe is officially a main character. It seems to be a typical episode, the plot doesn't look very original that's for sure, but if it is entertaining I'm satisfied (Spoiler: Goh will capture Diglett, how exciting :lapras:).

Piplup my beloved
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
I genuinely hate the fact that their trivialization of Pokémon captures with Go has resulted in my reaction to the prospect of him, a main character, catching a Pokémon being ‘Meh’. Given how easily Go’s captures are for the most part and how 95% of the Pokémon he catches become forgettable background material, they might as well expect us to get excited about the prospect of breathing air.
Me too. I get SOOO excited when I see either Ash or Chloe catching a pokemon, then when Goh does it, I just sigh and immediatly forget about it.

Reaction score
Me too. I get SOOO excited when I see either Ash or Chloe catching a pokemon, then when Goh does it, I just sigh and immediatly forget about it.
Yea, I feel like with Go the writers forget that the thing that makes Pokémon captures such a fun event is seeing the trainer’s party grow and, by extension, the cast of a given series. It’s never really interesting to just watch someone’s Pokémon box getting filled especially when most of those Pokémon will either rarely be seen or won’t have much of a personality due to quantity over quality being the clear priority. And even with the Pokémon Go does use, it’s mainly just to occasionally help him catch Pokémon so he can have more Pokémon that do nothing other than occasionally help him catch Pokémon. It kinda becomes a loop that just feeds back into the original problem.

Me and the boys after winning our first league
Reaction score
I can't say I'm too surprised about that, since he's representing Pokemon Go. Quantity > Quality here.

Cutie Pie
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Grookey
They'll probably grow friendly with each other later on. Voltorb isn't a Pokémon you'd expect to see wild on a farm, so I figure it belongs to the farm owner.
Why would a farm owner have a Voltorb? It probably goes like this:
Eevee: hOi1!!
Voltorb: Haha Thundershock go brrrrr
Eevee: I am... deeeeead
Goh: OmG a Voltorb??? Monsta Ball let'S Gohh!!!
Goh's Smartphone Rotom: NiCe!!! *trink* Voltorb's data will be aded to the Index!!!
(sorry if this is cringe)

Status
Not open for further replies.