• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN052: Agricultural Experience! Where is Digda!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how others will receive it, but I think I'm going to like at least some of this episode based on that preview (Diglett Retrieval Squad, unite)!

At least let Goh catch Diglett and Dugtrio, episodes where he catches nothing are more annoying than super easy caputures. Episode 50 got it right with Boldore and Arctovish.

At least let Goh catch Diglett and Dugtrio, episodes where he catches nothing are more annoying than super easy caputures. Episode 50 got it right with Boldore and Arctovish.

While I agree that the easy captures are better than episodes where he just forgets his goal, episode 50 still has him walking out of a field where at least 10 pokemon that he doesn't have are in easy throwing distance. The fact that Boldore is all he catches, and that that is only after it attacks Koharu feels weird when in 51 he is dragging Ash to the rock tunnel for a single Geodude.

While I agree that the easy captures are better than episodes where he just forgets his goal, episode 50 still has him walking out of a field where at least 10 pokemon that he doesn't have are in easy throwing distance. The fact that Boldore is all he catches, and that that is only after it attacks Koharu feels weird when in 51 he is dragging Ash to the rock tunnel for a single Geodude.
Character inconsistency, the favorite past time of Journeys.

I genuinely hate the fact that their trivialization of Pokémon captures with Go has resulted in my reaction to the prospect of him, a main character, catching a Pokémon being ‘Meh’. Given how easily Go’s captures are for the most part and how 95% of the Pokémon he catches become forgettable background material, they might as well expect us to get excited about the prospect of breathing air.

It's nice to be able to say that Chloe is officially a main character. It seems to be a typical episode, the plot doesn't look very original that's for sure, but if it is entertaining I'm satisfied (Spoiler: Goh will capture Diglett, how exciting :lapras:).

I genuinely hate the fact that their trivialization of Pokémon captures with Go has resulted in my reaction to the prospect of him, a main character, catching a Pokémon being ‘Meh’. Given how easily Go’s captures are for the most part and how 95% of the Pokémon he catches become forgettable background material, they might as well expect us to get excited about the prospect of breathing air.
Me too. I get SOOO excited when I see either Ash or Chloe catching a pokemon, then when Goh does it, I just sigh and immediatly forget about it.

Me too. I get SOOO excited when I see either Ash or Chloe catching a pokemon, then when Goh does it, I just sigh and immediatly forget about it.
Yea, I feel like with Go the writers forget that the thing that makes Pokémon captures such a fun event is seeing the trainer’s party grow and, by extension, the cast of a given series. It’s never really interesting to just watch someone’s Pokémon box getting filled especially when most of those Pokémon will either rarely be seen or won’t have much of a personality due to quantity over quality being the clear priority. And even with the Pokémon Go does use, it’s mainly just to occasionally help him catch Pokémon so he can have more Pokémon that do nothing other than occasionally help him catch Pokémon. It kinda becomes a loop that just feeds back into the original problem.

They'll probably grow friendly with each other later on. Voltorb isn't a Pokémon you'd expect to see wild on a farm, so I figure it belongs to the farm owner.
Why would a farm owner have a Voltorb? It probably goes like this:
Eevee: hOi1!!
Voltorb: Haha Thundershock go brrrrr
Eevee: I am... deeeeead
Goh: OmG a Voltorb??? Monsta Ball let'S Gohh!!!
Goh's Smartphone Rotom: NiCe!!! *trink* Voltorb's data will be aded to the Index!!!
(sorry if this is cringe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom