• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN052: Agricultural Experience! Where is Digda!?

An okay episode for the guys and Chloe to help out Professor Cerise friend for his vegetable get steal by Diglett and Dugtrio. Also, Team Rocket segment is so unnecessary.

Overall rating: B-

It was better than last week's snoozefest, at least. Seeing the kids fail when they tried to get the Digda by themselves, realize what went wrong, and then adjust their strategy accordingly was a great showcase of their adaptability and great teamwork. Koharu's also starting to feel like a real part of the group, which is always welcome.

Also, Nyarth's scarecrow robot makes me miss the Rocket trio's mechas so, so much ;_;

While I’m dismayed to see the Gavha, Team Rocket saved this boring ass episode from being completely forgettable.

They really needed Team Rocket to make the episode at least the minimum runtime minutes didn’t they? That might be their most pointless appearance, ever.

Honestly, I'd forgotten the Gatcha even existed at this point. I wish they'd just give Musashi and Kojiro a new Pokemon each and ditch the thing.

It was nice to see a Team Rocket mech again though, and I like any episode that takes Koharu along for the ride.

What was the twerps problem with TRio exactely? 3 of them where laying in the sun and the 4th one was gardening... TRio could earn money if they would devellop mecha's for other purpuses like gardening.

And it's not like they needed this place for the Diglett to life, because it's clear at the end Goh's Dugtrio and the wild Diglett are going to help on the farm.

But it was a nice episode, with teamwork and some worldbuilding. Looking at the farm to be runned. Problems with wild Pokémon (a little like Ash's Snorlax way back on the Grapefruit Islands), Voltorb helping to (try) keep the crops save and to destroy the unneeded weeds. The Golem shells as ferfiliser, the relisation the Diglett/Dugtrio could help to plow the land... And Chloe's plan.

A nice filler episode. And also good Goh left the leader of the Diglett on the farm were it can help and lead the wild Diglett. And a nice little battle.

Oh wow, who could have thought an episode with "Agricultural Experience" in the title would turn out to be boring?

Since there isn't really much else to talk about, I wanted to ask: Anyone else kinda feel bad for the Pokemon TR uses in the Gatcha machine? They're basically trained attack dogs who probably get beaten and tortured into obedience and the little kids watching the show are only going to perceive them all as pure evil. At least with Arbok, Weezing the and the other TR Pokemon they was just one or two of them. Now the anime's demonizing almost every Pokemon that isn't cutsy-poo or heroic looking.

Jessie and James used Buneary and Mincinno. So this statement is already false by default.
And there's nothing inherently ugly or villainous about Drilbur or Sandslash. They were chosen because they're moles and/or good at digging. A lot of Gacha mons tend to have a themed related to the episode.

They really needed Team Rocket to make the episode at least the minimum runtime minutes didn’t they? That might be their most pointless appearance, ever.
They also needed engorged Ash and Go again, for some reason

...seriously, why does that keep cropping up? It's just getting creepy at this point

Pretty good as a Koharu episode and the Meowth mecha was a big plus, but did they really need to wait more than halfway through to bring in TR? I rate this one okay.

Between group dynamic, the actual Diglett outbreak (big improvement over no outbreak last week) the actual gardening info, and Meowth, I enjoyed enough elements of the episode, even if I can get people viewing it as boring.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom