• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN053: Catch the Legend!? Find the Guardian of Water - Suicune!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, what if it is the Guardian of the Lab? I'm 99% sure being the Guardian of Water is much more important than being a mere parent watching over leftover Pokemon. Not to mention most of the Pokemon in the park are left there to rot.
Well he would probably use Suicune more then any other Pokemon at the lab. It could be a big help in catching other Pokemon and battles

They want to display as many Pokémon as possible in this series. That includes Legendaries.

I'd say that's part of the problem: you can pretty much tell that's the only reason why they've been showing up. So far, the legendary episodes really haven't been all that great. It's pretty painfully obvious they're just shoehorning them in so that they're seen. They could've easily spaced these episodes out a little better to avoid the oversaturation problem, for starters.

Can anyone seriously imagine Suicune, a creature famously known for running across Kanto and Johto and coming and going freely as it pleases, sitting in Cerise’s lab all day waiting for Goh to feed it some attention scraps?

Bringing back a point from the Zapdos debacle, why would we even be supposed to give a damn about the dangers Goh gets involved with if he has a demigod in standby?

As for the “help in captures” side of things... really, Goh doesn’t need that. He’s faced no setbacks capturing stuff and every pokemon of his is always a step away from bending over to him for little to no motive to give a shit about him, so this really isn’t a valid point.

Well he would probably use Suicune more then any other Pokemon at the lab. It could be a big help in catching other Pokemon and battles
If he's going to use Suicune to help with his catching goal, why would he bother to keep it in the lab? Most of his catches are just a one-shot curveball with 100% accuracy. We haven't seen any of his Pokemon battling for a successful catch since the Aerodactyl capture.

Adding to that, it's a Legendary Pokemon. Would you really expect for a Legendary to be thrown away into a mere park for Goh's collection of "trophies" and only for it to be used to catch more "trophies"?

If he's going to use Suicune to help with his catching goal, why would he bother to keep it in the lab? Most of his catches are just a one-shot curveball with 100% accuracy. We haven't seen any of his Pokemon battling for a successful catch since the Aerodactyl capture.

Adding to that, it's a Legendary Pokemon. Would you really expect for a Legendary to be thrown away into a mere park for Goh's collection of "trophies" and only for it to be used to catch more "trophies"?
There could be stronger Pokemon for him to catch such as Dynamaxed ones and other Legendaries. Suicune could help out with that

And as I said before Legendaries have been captured in the past. Goh being a newbie doesn't change that

There could be stronger Pokemon for him to catch such as Dynamaxed ones and other Legendaries. Suicune could help out with that

And as I said before Legendaries have been captured in the past. Goh being a newbie doesn't change that
Okay so Ash in OS Would Have Caught Mewtwo and You Would Be Fine With That? Plus He Has Aceburn. All of His Other Pokemon Are Left to Live A Painful Death In Cerise Park

I wasn't speaking of that. I'm just saying that while everyone is making arguments for or against Goh catching Suicune, we don't know if he's going to be the one who's trying to catch it.
Ash Might Try To Catch It. Johto Episode 1 Everyone?

I'd say that's part of the problem: you can pretty much tell that's the only reason why they've been showing up. So far, the legendary episodes really haven't been all that great. It's pretty painfully obvious they're just shoehorning them in so that they're seen. They could've easily spaced these episodes out a little better to avoid the oversaturation problem, for starters.
Given there are 60+ Legendaries so far, I'd say that wouldn't help much. Let's also not forget about Mythicals, UBs, and the numerous forms they have.

Notice
Hi friends,
We will be locking this thread for a brief amount of time to give people a chance to cool off. We have received numerous reports regarding behavior in this thread, and things are becoming unnecessarily heated. Please take this time to take a deep breath and think of ways to reply to differing opinions respectfully.
Thanks,
A&M Staff

Reopening this thread
Hi all,

I am hereby reopening this thread. Thank you for your patience; we received quite a lot of reports about this thread and we had to sort those first without this thread escalating any further. For privacy reasons regarding those involved, I will not go into detail on any of the reports. What I will say, is that it is not hard to treat others with respect. In any fandom, disagreement is bound to happen. We clash on differences in opinions, and often times this leads to healthy debate. But sometimes, such discussions can get quite toxic and that is something the Anime & Manga staff tries to avoid. We're all fans of the same franchise at the end of the day, so it makes no sense to bash each other's skulls in over a disagreement. Please remember the golden rule:

"Treat others the way you want to be treated"

Would you rather your own opinions be treated with respect? Or have them be met with contempt and derision? If it's the first one, then pass that respect on to others as well, even if you happen to disagree vehemently with someone. But I would also like to remind everyone we have an Ignore Button for a reason. If you really feel you can not engage positively with someone, please consider using that button instead.

Thank you and please continue discussing this episode from here on. If you have any questions or comments regarding everything I just said, please direct them to me or any other Anime & Manga staff member; please don't do that in this thread.

You know, since we're chronologically going through legendary trios of each region, the Regis could be up next. These episodes don't focus on the titular legendaries, I think the weather trio is gonna have their appearances in separate episodes.

Could we see Brandon returning in the near future then? It's almost a no brainer since he has them all in one place. It could also segue into the crown tundra stuff later with the new ones. They've already brought back Korrina to showcase mega evolution after all.

Could we see Brandon returning in the near future then?

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

It's almost a no brainer since he has them all in one place. It could also segue into the crown tundra stuff later with the new ones. They've already brought back Korrina to showcase mega evolution after all.

Just kidding, haha. Brandon should definitely make a comeback with the advent of the Galarian Legendaries. If they do the Crown Tundra, I hope it's adapted well-time will tell. I wasn't too impressed with the Zapdos and Mewtwo episodes, so maybe this Suicune one will be an indidcator of better times to come.

If ash doesn’t catch dracovish I have a feeling he’s catching suicune. Reason 1, haven’t caught a pokemon in a long time. Reason 2, build back hype after hiatus, Reason 3, the title kinda just foreshadows. Reason 4, to fuck goh up!

Finally thread is reopened.

Still hoping that Goh catches Suicune. Perhaps he and Eusine can compete over it in Johto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom