• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN053: Catch the Legend!? Find the Guardian of Water - Suicune!!

HOLY FUCK!! I'll never thought the day, that Goh might actually did catch a legendary. But sadly, we won't see it action anytime soon in future episode.

Overall rating: B+

Goh actually caught it. He actually god damn caught the thing and it even got the chance to hang around in Cerise's laboratory for a bit too. I guess Goh really is the be all, end all trainer of this series now.

I... actually liked this episode quite a lot?! I need to watch it subbed to make a more accurate assessment but at the very least it managed to feel very personal and soulful, at least by this Pokémon standards.

Did Suicune leave or was that an "I'll appear when I'm needed" thing?
It definitely looked more like the latter, but we'll have to wait for a bilingual kind soul (or subs) to confirm either.

I haven’t really gotten the chance to see the full context of this episode just yet but the bits about Suicune that I have heard about just sound wrong to me for one simple reason: Ash has never even gotten close to achieving something like that, and there’s just something about one of his generation companions accomplishing that sort of thing before him that seems wrong to me. Surely a companion wouldn’t be expected to do that much better than him

I... actually liked this episode quite a lot?! I need to watch it subbed to make a more accurate assessment but at the very least it managed to feel very personal and soulful, at least by this Pokémon standards.

It definitely looked more like the latter, but we'll have to wait for a bilingual kind soul (or subs) to confirm either.

Episode seems fine, yeah, and I won't "lose my head" over this, but I do wish the "first" Legendary capture (though Eternatus) was a raid battle...like Eternatus (but somewhat counted).

I think the latter. And I think that's a perfectly good compromise.
Yeah, I like this too. Presumably Suicune is out there helping others right now so it's not like Goh is preventing him from doing his job. Also, Suicune not being around all the time prevents Goh from potentially abusing it. I'm just wondering under what circumstances it will reappear.

I haven’t really gotten the chance to see the full context of this episode just yet but the bits about Suicune that I have heard about just sound wrong to me for one simple reason: Ash has never even gotten close to achieving something like that, and there’s just something about one of his generation companions accomplishing that sort of thing before him that seems wrong to me. Surely a companion wouldn’t be expected to do that much better than him
Has he tried? Like, at all? If not, then that's on him, not Goh.

This episode was unetertaining and kinda boring tbh
I enjoyed it. It showed Goh's compassionate side and him actually helping Suicune and earning its trust. He was even kind enough to offer to release it, but it chose to remain with him out of its own free will. And the ending where it disappears to roam the world is a good compromise. Getting to have your cake and eating it too. It's still his Pokémon, but it's also free to go wherever it wants to.

Episode seems fine, yeah, and I won't "lose my head" over this, but I do wish the "first" Legendary capture (though Eternatus) was a raid battle...like Eternatus (but somewhat counted).
I mean, it kinda was. After all Suicune was weakened by multiple hunters and Go just happened to throw the Pokéball (presumably with the intent of freeing it). It's not like it was a solo capture, at least technically.

Goh actually caught it. He actually god damn caught the thing and it even got the chance to hang around in Cerise's laboratory for a bit too. I guess Goh really is the be all, end all trainer of this series now.
Well, knowing stuff like how Tobias has a Latios (which is a Legendary) and how Gladion has a Silvally (which is also a Legendary), I'd say that, too...

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom