• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN053: Catch the Legend!? Find the Guardian of Water - Suicune!!

I'm saying this a little late, but I think it's curious how the writers are teasing with the idea of Goh getting a legendary, but they always find a loophole to take it away from him. I sincerely hope those are only teasings and not foreshadowing of something that is about to happen, but I think that at this point everything is possible.

Poor Eusine, all his life chasing Suicune and Goh catches it on the first day, when he finds out about this he's going to commit suicide... or murder Goh, let's hope it's the second one.

Last edited:
JN009 is worse.
Well, in terms of almost every fact. Yes, it's terrible.
However, this is a good example on how I'm lenient with episodes featuring my favourite seiyuus. Namely, Terasaki-san.
I can't hate it because she's there.

Only wild animals can be poached, you can't poach a domestic animal, that would be stealing.
So Go stole a domestic animal (grookey) and poached AND stole a wild animal (that was already being caught by someone else)
Who poaches the poachers

Why are we rooting for him again?

So Go stole a domestic animal (grookey) and poached AND stole a wild animal (that was already being caught by someone else)
Who poaches the poachers

Why are we rooting for him again?
?? Goh didn’t steal Grookey, he caught it after it decided on its own that it didn’t want to be with TR. Catching wild Pokémon is not inherently the same thing as poaching; otherwise that’s literally the basis of the entire series. Finally, I’m not sure why you would characterize stealing from people who actually are poachers as unethical, but it isn’t.

?? Goh didn’t steal Grookey, he caught it after it decided on its own that it didn’t want to be with TR. Catching wild Pokémon is not inherently the same thing as poaching; otherwise that’s literally the basis of the entire series. Finally, I’m not sure why you would characterize stealing from people who actually are poachers as unethical, but it isn’t.
What did Jessie and James do to Grookey that made it want to leave them.

It bonded with Goh
...by hitting him with a stick?

I mean, I get taking what you can get, but I don't know if I'd call that bonding

I wonder if Go dreaming about his mother as a rillaboom means he'll eventually give grookey back to its mother

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom