• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN054: Messon in Possible!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That'd be hilarious. Jimereon appearing before the full set of Starters debuts.
Messon could evolve, after all 'mustering up courage' is Character Development.
I hope that if that's what happens, they don't give Jimereon a generic distant/dismotivated attitude.

That'd be hilarious. Jimereon appearing before the full set of Starters debuts.
Messon could evolve, after all 'mustering up courage' is Character Development.
I hope that if that's what happens, they don't give Jimereon a generic distant/dismotivated attitude.
Well the entire Scorbunny Line and 2/3 of the Sobble Line have made their Debuts before the entire Grookey Line anyway

Unless you count the Presentation in the MewTwo Episode

The Pokemon Company has always had a HUGE Bias/Favoritism towards Fire Starters

The only exceptions were in Gen 2 and Gen 6.

In Gen 2 none of the Starters were really shilled. (Tho I guess one could argue the Chikorita line appeared the most at least? It didn't really get any special treatment beyond that tho)

In Gen 6 they surprisingly went with the Water Starter Greninja instead of the Fire Starter Delphox as the Shillmon.

But every other Gen?

Gen 1 Charizard
Gen 3 Blaziken (Tho admittedly Sceptile came close to being almost as Shilled)
Gen 4 Infernape
Gen 5 Pignite (well it was certainly pushed more than Oshawott or Snivy)
Gen 7 Incineroar
Gen 8 Cinderace

It's probably because Masuda always says that his favorites are the Fire Type Starters :rolleyes:

Which is especially funny if you think about it, since Ash's favorite type is Water (He wanted to starter with Squirtle).

While I have no idea what will happen in this episode One thing that I THINK will happen is Sobble learning a new Move of some sort

But the question is, what Move should Sobble Learn if it does?

These are all the Moves it can learn Naturally including Egg Moves (I'm not counting TM/TR Moves)

Pound

Water Gun

Bind

Water Pulse

Tearful Look

Sucker Punch

U-Turn

Liquidation

Soak

Rain Dance

Aqua Jet (Egg Move)

Aqua Ring (Egg Move)

Double Team (Egg Move)

Fell Stinger (Egg Move)

Haze (Egg Move)

Ice Shard (Egg Move)

Mist (Egg Move)

I think Water Pulse, Tearful Look or U-Turn would be the most likely

However I also think some Egg Moves would be cool too. Especially if you believe that only ONE of Sobble's Parents was an Inteleon

Sobble learning Aqua Jet would be pretty cool. And it would also mean that one of it's Parents may or may not have been a Primarina :bulbaLove:

Sobble learning Ice Shard? One of it's Parent's could've possibly been a Weavile

Sobble learning Aqua Ring? Could've possibly came from a Milotic or a Vaporeon lol

Sobble learning Fell Stinger would be absolutely hilarious tho because it would undoubtedly mean one of it's Parents was a TOGEMARU! XD

s
There's absolutely NO EXCUSE for one of the starters to only debut after over 50 episodes. I don't want to trashtalk but,,, this production team seems pretty disorganized.
seems to me the reason could b this
most players took scorbunny as starter cause they liked cinderace so it was introduced 1st
then comes inteleon so it came 2nd but grookey is least chosen so they avoided it to hype up the fans so that they had to do less effort in giving it a good personality...look now people are so eager and hyped up for grookey even if they didnt chose it in the games nor have seen in the anime .

same case with koharu .... she was introduced too late but she seems to have earned hearts of many with much less effort and screentime

i think writers are going on the path "familiarity breeds contempt where rarity gains the reward"

s

most players took scorbunny as starter cause they liked cinderace so it was introduced 1st
then comes inteleon so it came 2nd but grookey is least chosen so they avoided it to hype up the fans so that they had to do less effort in giving it a good personality...look now people are so eager and hyped up for grookey even if they didnt chose it in the games nor have seen in the anime .

same case with koharu .... she was introduced too late but she seems to have earned hearts of many with much less effort and screentime

i think writers are going on the path "familiarity breeds contempt where rarity gains the reward"
That is no reason for it to debut late. Also this is off-topic!

There's absolutely NO EXCUSE for one of the starters to only debut after over 50 episodes. I don't want to trashtalk but,,, this production team seems pretty disorganized.
I'm guessing it's some self imposed rule that Gou isn't allowed to own more than one stage-1 starter at a time.

Aren't we getting a VA List today? I'm curious to see who voices Inteleon

s

Except Scorbunny and Sobble debuted before the Writer's could've known how popular Cinderace and Inteleon would be.

Masuda and Ohmori have apparently even admitted that Sobble's Popularity caught them off guard

Madame Moochemy's Snubull appeared even when Madame Moochemy did not appear.
what are comparing with ''goh'' he is bound to appear.
its like pokemon wont appear in a pokemon episode

just joking!

VA list and summary courtesy of Adamant

One day Go's constantly timid Messon meets an Inteleon. Thoroughly fascinated by the Inteleon's elegance, Messon musters up a tiny bit of courage of its own and takes on the Rocket Gang!

Summary:
Go's constantly timid Messon visits the set for a popular movie alongside Satoshi and Go, where it meets an Inteleon that plays a spy. When the Rocket Gang suddenly barges onto the set, the Inteleon fights them off just as elegantly as if it had been a scene in a movie. Messon greatly admires this Inteleon, which is also its own final evolved form, and when a Pokémon kidnapping case occurs, it musters up a tiny bit of courage of its own!

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Megumi Hayashibara: Musashi
Shinichiro Miki: Kojiro
Inuko Inuyama: Nyarth
Yuji Ueda: Sonansu
Momoko Fukuchi: Jacqueline
Rikako Aikawa: Karakara
Kei Shindo: Otachi
Yasuhiro Mamiya: Hihidaruma