• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Review JN054: Messon in Possible!

Reaction score
Masaratown no Satoshi
Reaction score
All the water types isolated them from dracovish
the flying tyes isolated them from dragonite?

Lord of the Rhinos!
Reaction score
This episode showed just why Ash should keep his team on him at all times, they'd have been more useful quickly against Team Rocket

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
She/her
I don't care what anyone says, 5 minutes of TRio time fills me up with enough serotonin to keep going day after sorry day during this pandemic. They were very cute and wholesome this week, highlights being that amazing car stunt (did we see who was driving? It must have been Kojiro...), Musashi in the motto imitating Intelleon omfg :ROFLMAO: and as always Kojiro geeking out about his mechas, especially the chalkboard duster one. My little genius...

Messon was almost as cute itself. I love it hero-worshipping Intelleon. I just feel its scaredycat personality is so relatable, ya know?! Even the return-to-pokeball move it learnt was so in keeping with that, rather than it learning something cool and super offensive. I'm also happy to see some progression in Go. He's still insensitive in how he talks but he's learned to spot and correct it, and help bring out the best in his pokemon rather than dismissing its dreams out of hand (like back in that Hibunny/ember episode).

It wasn't a dreadfully interesting episode I've gotta be honest, but I don't have any major complaints.

Huggable Alolan Raichu
Reaction score
Controversial opinion: I was more interested in the last week's episode than this one. Not to say this was bad or anything, it's just that last week's episode did something so extraordinary that stuff like this can seem less grand in comparison.

Reaction score
I’m glad Goh’s little Magikarp wasn’t eaten by the big one...

Why is Darmanitan such a d*ck?

Decent episode, I guess

Reaction score
People are going to complain about that (I would guess) but as stated above, TRio was pretty good here, as was Sobble, particularly the idea of learning the "hit and run" strat, and then later U-turn.

Reaction score
I was also going to comment on Goh's other, smaller, Magikarp making a cameo and other Pokémon like Dracovish not I think.

Decent episode without subs. I would like to see it with the subs. Also, please Jessie... Wobbufett can do more in battle than using a tool. Let him use his defencive attacks. :p

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
She/her
Also, please Jessie... Wobbufett can do more in battle than using a tool. Let him use his defencive attacks. :p
They would win if he was actually allowed to use his moves on the dancefloor. This is the charm of Musashi - she has an amazing Pokemon she is utterly hopeless at commanding. I live for it tbh :bulbaLove:

Reaction score
Was anyone else bothered by the voice performance / audio quality of the actress character? I usually don't like fixating in that kinda stuff, but it was a bit too off-putting to me.

Reaction score
Sobble getting U-turn was quite unexpected (especially considering how rarely "switching" moves are seen in the anime), but yeah, it's definitely a good fit for Sobble's new hit-and-run battle strategy. I'm guessing U-turn will eventually be upgraded into Flip Turn (maybe after it evolves).

Aside from that, I don't really have much else to say about the episode. Inteleon didn't get as much focus as I expected, but that's fine since most of the focus went to Sobble instead.

I'm a male Mew and Sobble fan
Reaction score
Yay, Sobble is still a Sobble! Also, yay new move!

Surprised it wasn't Water Pulse to be honest. Still, U-Turn isn't bad.

And then there's me stating my opinions,he's dead.
Reaction score
Very great sobble episode. My only issue is with TR in the first part,as it was unneeded and could just have been replaced by the movie thugs like intended. Also,in the second half,how is Pikachu able to slice trhu the bars but Cinderace not being able to kick them down,and why didn't it do that sooner?
The film director imo was also very annoying. Overall,great,solid 8/10.

Also cursed sobble
1612535294000.png

Cutie Pie
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Grookey
Thankfully Sobble did not evolve, and I doubt it will. Since it did not evolve, that makes Ash more likely to get Grookey.