• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN054: Messon in Possible!

All the water types isolated them from dracovish
the flying tyes isolated them from dragonite?

I don't care what anyone says, 5 minutes of TRio time fills me up with enough serotonin to keep going day after sorry day during this pandemic. They were very cute and wholesome this week, highlights being that amazing car stunt (did we see who was driving? It must have been Kojiro...), Musashi in the motto imitating Intelleon omfg :ROFLMAO: and as always Kojiro geeking out about his mechas, especially the chalkboard duster one. My little genius...

Messon was almost as cute itself. I love it hero-worshipping Intelleon. I just feel its scaredycat personality is so relatable, ya know?! Even the return-to-pokeball move it learnt was so in keeping with that, rather than it learning something cool and super offensive. I'm also happy to see some progression in Go. He's still insensitive in how he talks but he's learned to spot and correct it, and help bring out the best in his pokemon rather than dismissing its dreams out of hand (like back in that Hibunny/ember episode).

It wasn't a dreadfully interesting episode I've gotta be honest, but I don't have any major complaints.

I’m glad Goh’s little Magikarp wasn’t eaten by the big one...

Why is Darmanitan such a d*ck?

Decent episode, I guess

People are going to complain about that (I would guess) but as stated above, TRio was pretty good here, as was Sobble, particularly the idea of learning the "hit and run" strat, and then later U-turn.

I was also going to comment on Goh's other, smaller, Magikarp making a cameo and other Pokémon like Dracovish not I think.

Decent episode without subs. I would like to see it with the subs. Also, please Jessie... Wobbufett can do more in battle than using a tool. Let him use his defencive attacks. :p

Also, please Jessie... Wobbufett can do more in battle than using a tool. Let him use his defencive attacks. :p
They would win if he was actually allowed to use his moves on the dancefloor. This is the charm of Musashi - she has an amazing Pokemon she is utterly hopeless at commanding. I live for it tbh :bulbaLove:

Was anyone else bothered by the voice performance / audio quality of the actress character? I usually don't like fixating in that kinda stuff, but it was a bit too off-putting to me.

Sobble getting U-turn was quite unexpected (especially considering how rarely "switching" moves are seen in the anime), but yeah, it's definitely a good fit for Sobble's new hit-and-run battle strategy. I'm guessing U-turn will eventually be upgraded into Flip Turn (maybe after it evolves).

Aside from that, I don't really have much else to say about the episode. Inteleon didn't get as much focus as I expected, but that's fine since most of the focus went to Sobble instead.

Very great sobble episode. My only issue is with TR in the first part,as it was unneeded and could just have been replaced by the movie thugs like intended. Also,in the second half,how is Pikachu able to slice trhu the bars but Cinderace not being able to kick them down,and why didn't it do that sooner?
The film director imo was also very annoying. Overall,great,solid 8/10.

Also cursed sobble
1612535294000.png

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom