• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN054: Messon in Possible!

I watched the subs so lets... REWIEW!!!
:bulbaWave:Good Stuff
+
Sobble development
+ Sobble learning U-Turn
+ Sobble being cute
+ Sobble's new battle strategy
+ Inteleon
+ The episode wasnt that Goh focused
+ Team Rocket fighting with Meowth and Wobbufet.
:bulbaFacepalm:Bad Stuff
- THE WHOLE SOBBLE LINE DEBUTED BEFORE THWACKEY OR RILLABOOM.
- Wobbufet gets bullied
- THE STUPID GACHA.
:confused:Extra
So Sobble didn't evolve and I doubt it will before Grookey appears so that makes Ash mor likely to get it right?
7/10 Finally Sobble got some focus and it was hella solid.
Drizzile didn't debut though.
Finger crossed for Ash to get Grookey.
( cuz Grookey = Monkey = Ash)

What is the soundtrack that plays during Sobble vs Meowth and Wobbuffet? Can't seem to find it in the album.

The show got TV / movie actress Ms. Momoko Fukuchi to come in as a special guest to voice Jacqueline.
Just asking out of curiosity: Where can you find that character's name ? As far as I remember, her name Jacqueline wasn't directly mentioned in the episode (or maybe I didn't hear it) nor was it in the subtitles.

What is the soundtrack that plays during Sobble vs Meowth and Wobbuffet? Can't seem to find it in the album.
The part where Sobble uses its invisibility to its advantage would be Go All Out...!
The part where Meowth and Wobbuffet are about to attack Sobble covered in powder would be Thrilling Excitement.
The part where Sobble uses U-Turn is High-Speed Battle.
I think Go All Out...! is blocked for me, however.

View: https://youtu.be/isApZVYt_G8

View: https://youtu.be/4Q0z2oe6MRA

Speaking of soundtracks,

What's the song playing when Inteleon rescues Sobble?

Sounds familiar but I can't place my finger on it
That one is called It's a Pokemon Battle!

I think this might be my first official review of an episode on the forums, so here goes.

I actually enjoyed this episode, despite me not really being very fond of Sobble in general, it was still a well-constructed episode. As he was always so cowardly about everything right after being caught, which I thought was mostly just normal character traits, this episode offered a ton of positive growth. It wouldn't surprise me if he evolves in the next few episodes, since Drizzile wasn't debuted in person on screen.

So, about Grookey then. I don't have a clue for why they haven't debuted it yet, but the thought that Ash may catch it is probable. I believe that it'll be mostly for balance, since Goh has two starters that appear on camera frequently, it only makes some sense that Ash could obtain Grookey.

I just realized something!

A lot of people have been jokingly comparing the scene where Inteleon gives Sobble a Forehead Poke to the Iconic moment in Naruto where Itachi gives Sasuke a Forehead Poke!

I didn't think much of it until I remembered who wrote the Episode

The Writer is YUKA MIYATA! The same woman who used to write on the Naruto Anime (or at least I know she wrote the movie Road to Ninja)

For all we know, Inteleon poking Sobble actually could very well be a Shout-out to Itachi and Sasuke! XD

59641a91ed06ca37feaae04aadb8fb5f.gif

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom