• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN054: Messon in Possible!

Also we saw the normal sized Magikarp. Goh's Giant Magikarp did not eat it offscreen! Also Ash is apparently not a movie buff.

Remember in XY when Ash had no clue who Diantha was even though she is a famous actress. So this is pretty much reinforcing that Ash still doesn't watch movies.

On the episode I honestly wasn't expecting much but it was amazing very happy with it even though I am not fond of Inteleon.

This episode also killed another Gou argument.

People said Sobble wouldn't get stronger by having Gou as it's Trainer.
Or that Gou doesn't train his Pokémon.

....Saying Goh doesn't train them was always a dumb argument: the Pikachu argument episode had him do that.

There are plenty of good arguments against Goh, also some bad.

Anyone else here think that this episode along with the Farfetch'd Episode should've happened WAAAY earlier on in the show?

Why they waited 20+ Episodes to give these two any development is beyond me

At least with this one I can kinda sorta understand not happening sooner since the writer's probably didn't want to Debut Inteleon too soon (even though it still showed up before Grookey did...)

There's no excuse for Farfetch'd tho

Anyone else here think that this episode along with the Farfetch'd Episode should've happened WAAAY earlier on in the show?

Why they waited 20+ Episodes to give these two any development is beyond me

At least with this one I can kinda sorta understand not happening sooner since the writer's probably didn't want to Debut Inteleon too soon (even though it still showed up before Grookey did...)

There's no excuse for Farfetch'd tho
They could have easily made these episodes in the 30's and replace that one Bug episode or the Fossil episode and made them take place later. (This episode actally had a flashback to the bug episode lol) and made Grookey debut in episode 2.

They could've happened in the 30s for sure (though not the 40s) but I don't hold that against the episode (either, as both were pretty good).

They could have easily made these episodes in the 30's and replace that one Bug episode or the Fossil episode and made them take place later. (This episode actally had a flashback to the bug episode lol) and made Grookey debut in episode 2.
They could've happened in the 30s for sure (though not the 40s) but I don't hold that against the episode (either, as both were pretty good).

Personally speaking I would've had this episode replace that Food Eating Contest Episode. (They could save Skwovet's Evolution for another episode)
It also would've been a perfect time too since it took place directly after the DD Arc and it would've given Sobble the development MUCH sooner since he didn't get any action at all during DD

While the Farfetch'd Trial Episode could've taken place at literally any point after it's capture. I dunno why they waited so long

Last edited:
Personally speaking I would've had this episode replace that Food Eating Contest Episode. (They could save Skwovet's Evolution for another episode)
It also would've been a perfect time too since it took place directly after the DD Arc and it would've given Sobble the development MUCH sooner since he didn't get any action at all during DD

While the Farfetch'd Trial Episode could've taken place at literally any point after it's capture. I dunno why they waited so long
I would like it if it replaced that abusive, annoying and horibble 2-parter.

I wonder why they have to do this constant up and down when it comes to Go. Last week that weak/cheap version of Go who gets everything for free (don't won't to pick up on that discussion, though). This time, an almost mature trainer who proved to be quite skillful. Make up your minds, writers! Not need to explain which version of Go I prefer ;)

Anyways I was thinking about how Team Rocket really wanted to capture Inteleon.

Like so much so that they straight up IGNORED the fact that they actually had Pikachu trapped in a cage!

Had Inteleon not been a Starter I wonder if it could've worked?

The Writer's normally do not like portraying Starter Pokemon in a Villainous light (outside of that one Gen 6 movie)

But if Inteleon wasn't a Starter I wonder if they would've let TR have one?

Last edited:
Anyways I was thinking about how Team Rocket really wanted to capture Inteleon.

Like so much so that they straight up IGNORED the fact that they actually had Pikachu trapped in a cage!

Had Inteleon not been a Starter I wonder if it could've worked?
Maybe It was cuz Inteleon beat the **** out of them while Pikachu was crying his *** off like a little baby.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom