• All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Review JN055: The Tale of You and Me in Luminous Maze Forest!?

All life matters. Not matter age or skin color!
Reaction score
Sadl
So that makes Ash the Cilan, the Female Sun/Moon Character, the Max, the TRio of the group

The "you're only here because you're the face of the series and we can't fill 20 minutes without you" role
Sadly it feels that way

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Grookey
So that makes Ash the Cilan, the Female Sun/Moon Character, the Max, the TRio of the group

The "you're only here because you're the face of the series and we can't fill 20 minutes without you" role
Sadl

Sadly it feels that way
Tbh he is more of a comic relief character right now
99% of these jokes are even funny. Episodes 30 and 48 are the worst examples of these. Seriously the writers have no idea what to do with him. Even I can write a better character arc and I'm not even a writer.

I make a lot of typos
Reaction score
Tbh he is more of a comic relief character right now
99% of these jokes are even funny. Episodes 30 and 48 are the worst examples of these. Seriously the writers have no idea what to do with him. Even I can write a better character arc and I'm not even a writer.
Right now I think a 10 year old could write a better character arc for Ash

I didn't actually realize the scale of bad jokes that Ash has been the target of :bulbaFacepalm:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Grookey
Right now I think a 10 year old could right a better character arc for Ash

I didn't actually realize the scale of bad jokes that Ash has been the target of :bulbaFacepalm:
Yeah. Like none of these jokes are funny. Ash bumps into Snolax!!! Funny!!!! Or, Ash get's kicked by Scorbunny and then Pikachu zapps him!!!! Hilarious!!! or Ash tries to spit water at a Marstomp!!! Hahahahahaha!!! Or Ash is too distracted by f***ing food that he doesnt even search for his f***ing Pokémon!!!! COMEDY GOLD!!! Right? RIIIIGHT???

Sorry if this sounds angry.

My Little Ponyta
Reaction score
Finally got to watch the episode with subs and can share my full thoughts on the episode!

Starting off with the positives: this was a great episode for Chloe and Eevee. Pretty much every episode with her as the focus has been really good, and this one was no exception. There's just something very compelling about Chloe as a character that really draws me to her and makes me root for her to keep on growing. Also, Eevee is adorable and I loved its role in the episode as well. And don't even get me started on Galarian Ponyta and Rapidash...what absolute cuties! They looked so sweet and had the most wonderful facial expressions. I'm so happy they were included in an episode relatively early on.

This episode also really made me like Impidimp, which is impressive considering I wasn't a big fan before. But they actually looked pretty cute and I think the balance between annoying and mischievous was struck just right. It also really made me wish Team Rocket had one (I feel like James and an Impidimp would be so fun together!)

And Glimwood Tangle was beautiful. The way they used color and light in those scenes was so whimsical and amazing; I really felt immersed in it.

But there was something that dragged the episode down quite a bit: Ash and Goh. Honestly, it wasn't even that they didn't add to the episode...they actually detracted. Bottom line for me is that their inclusion just wasn't necessary and really ruined the tone of the episode. Their scenes literally felt like they belonged in a different episode and weren't enjoyable at all. The Glimwood Tangle came across as so peaceful, and it feels like all of their lines were screamed, including at the very end to the point where Ash ended up scaring off Ponyta and Rapidash. It was actually really annoying and took me out of the setting. The humor in the episode could've very easily been left to the Impidimp; at least it fit in with the rest of the episode. Goh had an entire episode to himself, so there's literally no reason Chloe couldn't have had this entire episode to herself. When forcing Ash and Goh into situations where they don't fit actually starts to negatively affect episodes, that's a problem.

And Opal's debut was a total waste. I do think it's cool they included her quiz from the games, but again, this was not the episode for it. Just totally took me out of where we were in the episode. She's such a cool character and just very totally shoehorned in here. I really hope she shows up again and does more, otherwise this was a horrible use of her in the anime.

Also, I'll be totally honest: in the context of the episode, I understand why Chloe didn't catch Ponyta and I don't hate it. However, the fact of the matter is that once again, something was teased that ultimately didn't come to fruition. Sorry, but we're supposed to see that poster of Chloe with Eevee and Ponyta that was released like a day before this episode and not take anything from it? I am the first person to say I don't really care that much about captures. I'm never really passionate or upset about who the main characters catch one way or the other. But Galarian Ponyta is one of my favorite Pokémon ever, so I was really hoping that Chloe would catch it. And I can pretty safely say that if it wasn't for that stupid poster, I probably would've taken the non-capture a little better. But at the end of the day, I'm just so sick and tired of this series playing bait and switch. This sure wasn't the first time, but it is the first time that I'm legitimately annoyed by what was pulled. Sure, she might capture Ponyta in the future, but the timing of that tease was no coincidence and it was garbage. And quite frankly, Journeys just isn't a good enough series to keep pulling tricks like that.

So yeah, if we got rid of Ash, Goh, Opal, and the bait catch, this episode would've been damn near flawless. But all of those factors really hurt my overall feelings on the episode, which sucks. There just needs to be a lot more consistency in how this series is put together and I'm not really seeing it improve all that much, which isn't promising. I really think Chloe is probably one of the best things about Journeys: let her shine a little bit.

Last edited:
Reaction score
You could probably have had Ash and Goh stay behind, or have done something like the Goh Tokio/Horace episode....

I have no idea how to continue this discussion without opening up a certain can of worms....