• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN055: The Tale of You and Me in Luminous Maze Forest!?

Serious question: how did Koharu climb up those tall mushrooms after it had rained? I can barely hold onto mushrooms after washing them to slice before cooking, but I digress...

It was a disappointing episode, wasn't it? It didn't really hold my attention at all. @Nicolas721 has described pretty much exactly why. Satoshi and Go crowded the episode out for sure, and whilst the pink clothes were cute it was a waste of time as well as a very weak appearance for Her Majesty - let's hope she gets another proper opportunity.

Also, whilst the scenery was gorgeous, it didn't feel earned ya know? Like a beautiful setting in a travelling series meant that the characters and us had been wandering for months through deciduous forest to unlock it, meanwhile they just... arrived there...

Meh.

I disagree, I wasn't disappointed with Koharu's scenes. Ash and Go felt tacked on though, I would have preferred a Koharu solo episode like many were predicting.

Impidimp were great and I realized what good Rocket mons they'd make - they even used a pit trap. I hate the Gachat even more now.

I disagree, I wasn't disappointed with Koharu's scenes. Ash and Go felt tacked on though, I would have preferred a Koharu solo episode like many were predicting.

Impidimp were great and I realized what good Rocket mons they'd make - they even used a pit trap. I hate the Gachat even more now.

....Honestly you probably could have had the guys just stay in Kanto. IDK, maybe they had something they had to do and wished her good luck.

But hey, guess Goh got to capture something and Ash can't just....can't just.

(....I like Ash and he deserves better than being Goh's sidekick)

I dont like that Satoshi is used as an afterthought in most episodes here. In the Suicune one, in the Sobble one and now here
He getting focus next episode.

And obviously Episodes about Sobble and Chloe wouldn't focus on Ash

Of all the episodes we had so far this year it's actually been way more balanced

Ep 50 Galar Fossils - Ash
Ep 51 Farfetch'd Trials - Ash
Ep 52 Diglett - All
Ep 53 Suicune - Goh
Ep 54 Messon In Possible - Sobble
Ep 55 Luminous Forest - Chloe
Ep 56 Wikistrom - Ash and Gou
Ep 57 Psyduck - Kikuna and Chloe
Ep 58 Double Feature Filler - All
Ep 59 Grookey - ????

Of all the currently known Titles, Ash is actually the one with the most focus lol

Goh only really has Suicune Episode where he plays a major role in it

Goh wasn't the focus of Sobble's Episode
And whoever's gonna the most focus in Grookey's Debut Episode is currently Unknown

Last edited:

Of all the episodes we had so far this year it's actually been way more balanced

Ep 52 Diglett - All
Ep 53 Suicune - Goh
Ep 59 Grookey - ????

Of all the currently known Titles, Ash is actually the one with the most focus lol

And whoever's gonna the most focus in Grookey's Debut Episode is currently Unknown

The problem is more a case of what 2019/2020 was like. That builds up a lot of ill will that takes time to dissipate.

Ep 52 Diglett - All
Ep 53 Suicune - Goh
Ep 59 Grookey - ????

JN050 was focused on both since Goh battled Arctozolt and Ash did something with Dracovish.
JN052 was mostly focused on everyone but Goh caught Diglett and caught and released Dugtrio.

Ep 52 Diglett - All
Ep 53 Suicune - Goh
Ep 59 Grookey - ????
Galar Fossil Filler was about All.
Sobble episode was Sobble but it was also Goh.
Goh might not have a major role in the Wikstrom episode.

And in the Farfetch'd episode Goh caught Geodude but in Suicune Ash did nothing.

Yes, Go catches Pokemon, often randomly with little setup. I think we all get the idea by now, so the complaints are silly. That episode wasn't Go-centric.
This is basicly Jouneys:
Chloe: Develops in her 1% screentime
Goh: Catches something and gets focus 98% of the time
Ash: Comic relief character who gets sidelined 99% of the time

Tbh Brock is a great dude and a marvelous human being
So that makes Ash the Cilan, the Female Sun/Moon Character, the Max, the TRio of the group

The "you're only here because you're the face of the series and we can't fill 20 minutes without you" role

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom