• All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Preview JN056: Gampi of The Big Four! The Hall of Chivalry!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super Rhyperior!
Reaction score
This promises to be an exciting episode, guessing Atsuhiro Tomioka will be the writer with the animation dream team

Only puts shiny pokémon into HOME
Reaction score
Old characters, specially ones that never had the spotlight, returning is awesome. I love journeys because of that. Even Chuck just having a flashback of Bayleef was very well done. Hope this episode mentions the role Ash had in Kalos

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
Old characters, specially ones that never had the spotlight, returning is awesome. I love journeys because of that. Even Chuck just having a flashback of Bayleef was very well done. Hope this episode mentions the role Ash had in Kalos
I don't think so because Wilkstrom had never met Ash before this episode.

Goh’s Pokédex Completion Percentage: 8.3% done!
Reaction score
I’m not expecting Wikstrom to bring it up even though he absolutely should.

Still excited for more Farfetch’d development, though! This is most likely his evolution episode and where he and Ash will become properly in sync.

I wonder why Ash and Goh are in Kalos to begin with, and how they encounter Wikstrom.

I just hope that Sirfetch’d continues to be used after this.

Last edited:
Reaction score
On one hand, it would be nice if Wikstrom acknowledges Ash's previous achievements in Kalos (being the runner-up of the Kalos league + helping to save the region during the Team Flare fiasco). Sure, they've never met each other before, but I think that's all the more reason for Wikstrom to bring it up since it'd make for a good conversation piece when they introduce themselves to each other.

On the other hand, if the knight in shining armor acknowledges the fact that his region was once under attack by what's basically a terrorist organization, then he better have a good reason as to why he wasn't there to help protect the region like a proper knight would. Because otherwise, he'd look kinda dumb.

Reaction score
On one hand, it would be nice if Wikstrom acknowledges Ash's previous achievements in Kalos (being the runner-up of the Kalos league + helping to save the region during the Team Flare fiasco). Sure, they've never met each other before, but I think that's all the more reason for Wikstrom to bring it up since it'd make for a good conversation piece when they introduce themselves to each other.

On the other hand, if the knight in shining armor acknowledges the fact that his region was once under attack by what's basically a terrorist organization, then he better have a good reason as to why he wasn't there to help protect the region like a proper knight would. Because otherwise, he'd look kinda dumb.
Diantha told him to back off, since she wanted that spotlight for herself.

Reaction score
Not sure I really want Farfetch’d to evolve in what is only the second episode focusing on it.

Reaction score
Nice! I hope G. Farfetch'd evolves here

Anyways I'm guessing either Grookey will Debut in Episode 57 or the little guy
will just have to wait until March

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Grookey
YAYA KAMON YEY!!!!! Maybe Satoshi-Gekkuga flashback?

Aria Starkia, Truth Seekers' Branch 14th Soldier
Reaction score
When I read the episode title, I ran to Bulbapedia to see who Ganpi was again xD So he's one of the Kalos's Elite 4, and his only appearance until now, according to Bulbapedia, is in the Diancie movie, as a cameo? Well, at least he's getting a proper debut now.

Maybe it's opening doors for the rest of the skipped Elite 4 characters to finally appear, such as the rest of the Houen ones but Genji.

I'm a male Mew and Sobble fan
Reaction score
I'm curious to see what Pokemon Wikstrom uses here. I'm also willing to bet that Ash's Galarian Farfetch'd evolves in this episode. This just seems like the perfect opportunity for it to happen. We shall see.

Huggable Alolan Raichu
Reaction score
I'm curious to see what Pokemon Wikstrom uses here. I'm also willing to bet that Ash's Galarian Farfetch'd evolves in this episode. This just seems like the perfect opportunity for it to happen. We shall see.
Aegislash has been confirmed, at least.

Boku ga Kira da
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He / Him
The New Years trailers showed him using Aegislash. I just hope this battle will be 2v2 at the very least, since an Elite Four member deserves more than a 1v1 in my opinion. Other options (game-team wise) are Klefki, Scizor and Probopass. I think Scizor makes the most sense, since Kalos is all about Mega Evolution and it could be presented at his ace. Not to mention he used it in his M17 cameo (if the writers remember that at all).

Goh’s Pokédex Completion Percentage: 8.3% done!
Reaction score
This looks more like a special training battle specifically for Farfetch’d and not an official match, so I doubt it’s more than a 1v1. If it was a 2v2 it would absolutely end up being Mega Scizor vs. Lucario.

Status
Not open for further replies.