• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN056: Gampi of The Big Four! The Hall of Chivalry!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember that feature in the XY games that was shown in the anime for one episode, and featured Grant & Viola battling for a title? That was based around knights duelling. I wonder if Ash is revisiting that.
The preview of the battle looks like it’s taking place in either a cave or a castle, so I don’t know.

There wasn't. But she did mention their Gym battle.
Yeah, like with Chuck and Visquez (ironically, she spoke on behalf of Lt. Surge). I don't think the writers are going to reference the Team Flare climax all of a sudden.

Iris and Gary are a different story. The writers will have to explain more about them than they did for the SM cast, who are recent characters.

Yeah, like with Chuck and Visquez (ironically, she spoke on behalf of Lt. Surge). I don't think the writers are going to reference the Team Flare climax all of a sudden.

Iris and Gary are a different story. The writers will have to explain more about them than they did for the SM cast, who are recent characters.
Especially considering that Wilkstrom had never met Ash before, so he wouldn't know unless he was told about it by someone else.

Wasn't the Lumiose stuff shown on TV? Still, he has no reason to mention it.
That's what I thought. He could mention just because he is an elite 4 of a region that was saved partly by Ash and co. and also, Ash was the other finalist in the league. It could be a conversation starter, or a way for them to slowly telling Goh what Ash accomplished without doing it directly. Most likely it will not even be mentioned

I love how everyone, including myself, has fallen in love with Farfetch’d. From its style of battling, its personality, and of course its phrase “KAMON!”, I’m so happy this is how they went with things. It could have easily just been a simple one episode evolution, but no. Thank you writers, you’ve got this right.

My first thought when I saw the episode title and pictures, and knowing this episode takes place in Kalos, was the Battle Chateau. I really wish they would revisit that; I don't have very many favorite XY episodes but that's one of them.

It's really nice that Ash's Faretch'd has been getting more focus as of late. Certainly took them long enough! I'm still in the camp that I don't really want to see it evolve just yet, especially since its appearances up until now have been so sparse, but I wouldn't be surprised if it does happen here given the theming of the episode and Sirfetch'd go hand-in-hand.

Personally, I'd prefer it if this was the episode where Ash learns about the Galarian Farfetch'd's evolution (Wilkstrom could even tell him about it and how it's achieved) and begins working with Farfetch'd towards that end goal.

I am personally not a fan of dragging things out, especially since Sirfetch'd is likely not going to be that different than Farfetch'd. Let's not forget that it lost to Gallade right after another battle, and it was at a type disadvantage as well. This is what I call "faux drama" and we don't need more of it. This plot is already too similar to Riolu's.

Now that Farfetch'd has learned Focus Energy, it just needs to use it three times in conjunction with some move. That they're giving it an armor to top it all off (to prevent the opponent from landing critical hits?) would be too much if nothing ended up happening. I expect it to evolve and lose.

Ouch, I was hoping for a complete Opal episode since we've still yet to see Ash taking on a Galar gym, let's hope it's just a matter of time. And this also means that the Galar focus is possibly being interrupted again...

But of course I'm also looking forward to this, the medieval theme is very interesting and it would be really nice to see the Battle Chateau or any of Kalos castles.

Ouch, I was hoping for a complete Opal episode since we've still yet to see Ash taking on a Galar gym, let's hope it's just a matter of time. And this also means that the Galar focus is possibly being interrupted again...

But of course I'm also looking forward to this, the medieval theme is very interesting and it would be really nice to see the Battle Chateau or any of Kalos castles.

Maybe Ash is meeting Wikstrom somewhere in Ballonlea.

I wonder if Ash will throw Sirfetch’d’s leek at Aegislash, similar to how he did against Saywer’s in the Kalos League. Then beat it up with just its shield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom