• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN056: Gampi of The Big Four! The Hall of Chivalry!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

duringpampers

Reaction score
Episode Title in Japanese: 四天王ガンピ!騎士道の館!!
Air Date: February 19, 2021
00119.png

Old characters, specially ones that never had the spotlight, returning is awesome. I love journeys because of that. Even Chuck just having a flashback of Bayleef was very well done. Hope this episode mentions the role Ash had in Kalos
I don't think so because Wilkstrom had never met Ash before this episode.

I’m not expecting Wikstrom to bring it up even though he absolutely should.

Still excited for more Farfetch’d development, though! This is most likely his evolution episode and where he and Ash will become properly in sync.

I wonder why Ash and Goh are in Kalos to begin with, and how they encounter Wikstrom.

I just hope that Sirfetch’d continues to be used after this.

Last edited:
Well, this answers the that question.

On one hand, it would be nice if Wikstrom acknowledges Ash's previous achievements in Kalos (being the runner-up of the Kalos league + helping to save the region during the Team Flare fiasco). Sure, they've never met each other before, but I think that's all the more reason for Wikstrom to bring it up since it'd make for a good conversation piece when they introduce themselves to each other.

On the other hand, if the knight in shining armor acknowledges the fact that his region was once under attack by what's basically a terrorist organization, then he better have a good reason as to why he wasn't there to help protect the region like a proper knight would. Because otherwise, he'd look kinda dumb.

On one hand, it would be nice if Wikstrom acknowledges Ash's previous achievements in Kalos (being the runner-up of the Kalos league + helping to save the region during the Team Flare fiasco). Sure, they've never met each other before, but I think that's all the more reason for Wikstrom to bring it up since it'd make for a good conversation piece when they introduce themselves to each other.

On the other hand, if the knight in shining armor acknowledges the fact that his region was once under attack by what's basically a terrorist organization, then he better have a good reason as to why he wasn't there to help protect the region like a proper knight would. Because otherwise, he'd look kinda dumb.

Diantha told him to back off, since she wanted that spotlight for herself.

Not sure I really want Farfetch’d to evolve in what is only the second episode focusing on it.

Nice! I hope G. Farfetch'd evolves here

Anyways I'm guessing either Grookey will Debut in Episode 57 or the little guy
will just have to wait until March

When I read the episode title, I ran to Bulbapedia to see who Ganpi was again xD So he's one of the Kalos's Elite 4, and his only appearance until now, according to Bulbapedia, is in the Diancie movie, as a cameo? Well, at least he's getting a proper debut now.

Maybe it's opening doors for the rest of the skipped Elite 4 characters to finally appear, such as the rest of the Houen ones but Genji.

I'm curious to see what Pokemon Wikstrom uses here. I'm also willing to bet that Ash's Galarian Farfetch'd evolves in this episode. This just seems like the perfect opportunity for it to happen. We shall see.

The New Years trailers showed him using Aegislash. I just hope this battle will be 2v2 at the very least, since an Elite Four member deserves more than a 1v1 in my opinion. Other options (game-team wise) are Klefki, Scizor and Probopass. I think Scizor makes the most sense, since Kalos is all about Mega Evolution and it could be presented at his ace. Not to mention he used it in his M17 cameo (if the writers remember that at all).

This looks more like a special training battle specifically for Farfetch’d and not an official match, so I doubt it’s more than a 1v1. If it was a 2v2 it would absolutely end up being Mega Scizor vs. Lucario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom