• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN056: Gampi of The Big Four! The Hall of Chivalry!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bulbapedia has adopted a new translation for the Elite Four's Japanese name. From now on, instead of "Four Heavenly Kings", the translation is "The Big Four".

Thats so annoying though, since the Big Four (Are they African animals, with the Champion being the Elephant) can literally be the Alola Kahuna's as well, considering they are the Big Four in that region because they don't have an E4 in the anime.

Four Heavenly Kings is also way more menacing than just calling them the Big Four.

Elite Four episode... Hold on, let me see if I can accurately predict how the battle will go down.

Farfetch'd: Attack attack attack
Aegislash: Dodge protect dodge
Ash: "Use this actually clever trick!"
Farfetch'd: uses trick but it does nothing, or Aegislash takes the attack on purpose
Aegislash: slightly pokes Farfetch'd
Farfetch'd: completely obliterated
Wikstrom: "Only dickish rivals are allowed to be confident, and here's some flowery words that don't actually mean anything."

Four Heavenly Kings is also way more menacing than just calling them the Big Four.
The former sounds ridiculous, and those guys aren't that menacing if we're being honest. Ash is going to defeat a bunch of them if he wants to get near Leon.

Thats so annoying though, since the Big Four (Are they African animals, with the Champion being the Elephant) can literally be the Alola Kahuna's as well, considering they are the Big Four in that region because they don't have an E4 in the anime.

One reasoning for the change was also that the latter term is gender neutral.
The former sounds ridiculous, and those guys aren't that menacing if we're being honest. Ash is going to defeat a bunch of them if he wants to get near Leon.
"Four Heavenly Kings" is a term used in Buddhism (if I recall correctly).

Elite Four episode... Hold on, let me see if I can accurately predict how the battle will go down.

Ash: "Use this actually clever trick!"
Farfetch'd: uses trick but it does nothing, or Aegislash takes the attack on purpose
Aegislash: slightly pokes Farfetch'd
Farfetch'd: completely obliterated
Wikstrom: "Only dickish rivals are allowed to be confident, and here's some flowery words that don't actually mean anything."
No, no, no. You forgot the part where Farfetch’d and Aegislash stare each other down, feeling their movements, then strike against each other when one moves.

EqFD0XyXEAAKMoc.jpeg

Can anyone confirm this Dedenne would be in this episode or in the possible future Clemont (Citron) episode?

View attachment 139345
Can anyone confirm this Dedenne would be in this episode or in the possible future Clemont (Citron) episode?

Ash’s Farfetch’d is in this shot, it’s leak is barely in-frame, and considering Farfetch’d is most likely going to evolve in this episode, probably not. If Clemont was going to be making a return appearance, he would’ve been in the opening like Iris and Gary.

I guess there's little evidence one of my favorite characters Clemont and Bonnie are returning at this moment...

Wonder if Wilkstorm will actually be represented as a strong E4, as opposed to Malva where she was beaten by Alain in a fairly comfortable manner.
I remember when Ash & Grovyle were outperformed by Drake, Flint crushed Ash’s Infernape, Pikachu and Buziel. Hopefully this battle will show the E4’s class, cause arguably, they should be apart of the PWC (at least some of them) and if wouldn’t be as rewarding if Farfetch’d wasn't tested.

Wonder if Wilkstorm will actually be represented as a strong E4, as opposed to Malva where she was beaten by Alain in a fairly comfortable manner.
I remember when Ash & Grovyle were outperformed by Drake, Flint crushed Ash’s Infernape, Pikachu and Buziel. Hopefully this battle will show the E4’s class, cause arguably, they should be apart of the PWC (at least some of them) and if wouldn’t be as rewarding if Farfetch’d wasn't tested.
I’m sure that Wikstrom will be represented as a strong opponent especially since the anime has never disrespected the Elite 4. XY did do something unprecedented within the anime by allowing one to be beaten though so it’ll be interesting to see how Ash’s battle is handled.

Alain was just a really strong Trainer, and he did struggle in that battle. It wasn't an easy victory.
Yeah, but Alain’s Charizard had to battle a few mega-evolution trainers prior to the battle, and despite being healed a bit, Charizard still won.
Seibold, however, well-beat Alain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom