• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN056: Gampi of The Big Four! The Hall of Chivalry!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then why would Wikstrom only invite Ash and Goh?
Unless it's because of helping stop Eternatus (which you'd think would get attention from Galar instead) I have no idea; I'm just throwing out ideas.
Maybe Ash is being invited and bringing Gou as a guest because of when he helped stome Team Flare, as a way of making that arc have long-term consequences and...
Okay, sorry I couldn't even finish typing that sentence. ;)

Gone are my hopes for a Satoshi Solo Episode.....
I'm not saying that it's ruined, but it's a letdown.
Still expect that his/Kamon's development is what drives the plot.

Talking about why invite him.....
Well, Satoshi helped save Kalos during the Team Flare attack.
Ended up as Runner-Up in the League.
And is regarded as a strong/capable trainer by the Champion.

And Gou...... Unless the chosen can bring a guest, I'm stretching it......
I don't get it, honestly, he's not usually interested on battles for the sport just to catch.

The strangest thing about this episode is how Wilkstrom has armour that seemingly fits whatever person and Pokemon that comes to him.

The minute size of the cast list makes me weep tears of blood. For a series that is pretending to be so expansive and all-encompassing, each episode feels bloody tiny and disconnected, doesn't it?
It is funny isn’t it. That Unova episode, poor, poor Unova. Had practically no-one in sight, and heck, even the episode when Sobble was caught didn’t show that many people around. Apart from the first episode, the Darkest Day arc felt empty as well for a perceived regional threat. Many other examples, now this.
They could have at least had another trainer that rivalled Goh and Scyther, but now we have to believe that Goh is able to keep up with Ash and Farfetch’d in the training segments. How is that believable after all the training they’ve done?
This episode could have been either...Make Goh go somewhere else and capture other Kalos Pokemon, letting Ash train, or include Goh and have other rivals around to challenge him, instead of Ash. They’ve somehow done neither.

The minute size of the cast list makes me weep tears of blood.

I blame them having more a few special guests this series. Including some voicing Pokemon ANYONE could voice. Hell, even the Psyduck in PM59 has a celebrity guest voice that, IMHO, is a waste of money that should be going to other areas. :mad:
(Arceus knows it sure as eff won't matter in the various dubs o_O)

For a series that is pretending to be so expansive and all-encompassing, each episode feels bloody tiny and disconnected, doesn't it?

I think they're ambition was bigger than their reach (or however the saying goes).

Though to be fair, the COVID Hiatus had to hurt. Not only were there no no episode for 6 weeks, but that HAD to put production behind by whole months...

I can't help but wonder if there are concepts that had to be changed or scrapped.... :unsure:

157E113E-73D7-4F3D-86B8-6617F0B7437F.jpeg

What do I even say about this? Ash is trying to kill him, look at his eyes.

Oh, and Goh is 100% battling with Ash against Aegislash.

494FD013-F13A-48C5-950E-F01DE721C9E6.jpeg

Does goh really needs to battle E4 wasnt catching and battling mons if needed his dream
I suppose in the long term, there will be Pokemon stronger than him he’ll need to fight, and if Cinderace can’t pull through, Scyther will have to be there to help.
But...that being said, it’s still stupid why they can’t just battle Wilkstrom by themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom