• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN056: Gampi of The Big Four! The Hall of Chivalry!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose in the long term, there will be Pokemon stronger than him he’ll need to fight, and if Cinderace can’t pull through, Scyther will have to be there to help.
But...that being said, it’s still stupid why they can’t just battle Wilkstrom by themselves.
Kinda.

I would say yay for Scyter but it is long overdue that it gets some focus
But out of all marshtomp, fakechu,psyduck,digletts this was the only ep where gou has to buut in his scyther

At the end of the day, at least Scyther is getting some focus, and putting my frustrations of Goh stealing focus from Ash again aside, it’s something different from Cinderace and Sobble.

Cubone was caught almost a year ago, and I still completely forget it’s apart of his team...well, at least it’s supposed to be. Scyther had a few appearances, but not much to do, with Golurk and Darmanitan being in the same boat. Flygon, is kind of just there, and Aerodactyl I don’t think has actually had an appearance since...
It’s actually mental the Pokemon Goh can have in his first season - Scizor, Golurk, Darmanitan, Flygon, Cinderace, and Aerodactyl...Jesus Christ. And that’s not even mentioning a very controversial capture.
Yet, despite that ridiculous list, only one has got development. At leas there’s one positive from Goh this episode

Ash had a Charizard a Pidgeot a Muk a Kingler and 30 Tauros.
For standards now, Goh’s team is ridiculous. Back when the anime first started, anything went. It didn’t matter how it was achieved, it happened cause it was seen more as a way of exciting audiences.

Clemont had a Bunnleby, Luxray and Chespin, Brock at the latest had Happiny, Crogunk and Sudowoodo, whilst Cilian had Crustle, Pansage and Stunfisk. Not bad teams, but no-where near Goh’s squad.
Goh’s team is stupidly good.

For standards now, Goh’s team is ridiculous. Back when the anime first started, anything went. It didn’t matter how it was achieved, it happened cause it was seen more as a way of exciting audiences.

Clemont had a Bunnleby, Luxray and Chespin, Brock at the latest had Happiny, Crogunk and Sudowoodo, whilst Cilian had Crustle, Pansage and Stunfisk. Not bad teams, but no-where bear Goh’s
Goh’s team is stupidly good.
I dont think just a Cinderace and a Sobble is strong.

I dont think just a Cinderace and a Sobble is strong.
I never said Sobble was apart of this. I mentioned Darmanitan, Flygon, Aerodactyl, Cinderace, Scizor (What Scyther can be), and Golurk.

And you just mentioned how Ash had a Pidgeot, Muk and Kingler. Yes, strong under Ash, but doesn’t exactly attract the eye like a starter’s final form, which apparently keep up with Lucario.

I never said Sobble was apart of this. I mentioned Darmanitan, Flygon, Aerodactyl, Cinderace, Scizor (What Scyther can be), and Golurk.

And you just mentioned how Ash had a Pidgeot, Muk and Kingler. Yes, strong under Ash, but doesn’t exactly attract the eye like a starter’s final form, which apparently keep up with Lucario.
Goh's team consists of only Cinderace and Sobble. He never uses anything else. And Charizard exists

I hope its not just only fighting, but also dialoge. I hope for some references, but I can dream lol
Team Flare arc flashback.

I hope its not just only fighting, but also dialoge. I hope for some references, but I can dream lol
I doubt we’ll get something that good. We can dream, but it would be weird to mention an event that took place in an entirely different period, where there’s so much lore behind it - new fans wouldn’t understand the complications of it, unlike Lt.Surge’s battle which is fairly easy to comprehend. Plus, something recent like Alola is acheivable cause it wasn’t too long ago.

I doubt we’ll get something that good. We can dream, but it would be weird to mention an event that took place in an entirely different period, where there’s so much lore behind it - new fans wouldn’t understand the complications of it, unlike Lt.Surge’s battle which is fairly easy to comprehend. Plus, something recent like Alola is acheivable cause it wasn’t too long ago.
Is it? A gym battle that took place 20 years ago in Chucks gym is not weird, but mention a world changing event is?

Is it? A gym battle that took place 20 years ago in Chucks gym is not weird, but mention a world changing event is?
I mean, a gym battle is fairly easy to understand - Ash knows Chuck, they fought, and Chuck was impressed, and that’s all you need to know about it.
A regional threat is quite different, cause you would have to explain that really weird thing Lysandre made, and what Zygarde was, etc.
Although, I suppose saying “And thank you, for saving the region” with Ash smiling as a response, with Goh being confused is all you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom