• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN056: Gampi of The Big Four! The Hall of Chivalry!!

It replaced other moves.
We dont know yet. It uses different moves according to different opponents.
And i remember someone one of the 2 leon's matches said " so lizardon had this in reserve the entire time"

Actually, Pokémon haven't really known more than four moves at a time since late Advanced Generation.
Paul’s Electivire knew Protect, Giga Impact, Thunderpunch, Thunder and Brick Break at the Sinnoh League.

Now, I don’t know if you meant just the main characters, but Cilian’s Pansage had Bullet Seed, Solarbeam, Rock Tomb, Bite and Dig at the same time.

And yes, I know Electavire didn’t use Giga Impact against Ash, but that doesn’t prove it doesn’t know it, Paul might have thought he can’t afford to have Electavire open to direct contact when he’s facing three-against-one Pokemon.
Plus, Electavire’s last know level-up move is Giga Imapct. How can you replace a move when it’s the last you can learn? If you say the Move Relearner, or maybe the anime doesn’t follow the level-learnset system, then explain why Pokemon can’t have more than four moves if the anime doesn’t follow the game’s learnset system?

Last edited:
Paul’s Electivire knew Protect, Giga Impact, Thunderpunch, Thunder and Brick Break at the Sinnoh League.
It replaces Giga Impact in the battle with Ash.
Now, I don’t know if you meant just the main characters, but Cilian’s Pansage had Bullet Seed, Solarbeam, Rock Tomb, Bite and Dig at the same time.
It did not. It replaced Bite.

We dont know yet. It uses different moves according to different opponents.
And i remember someone one of the 2 leon's matches said " so lizardon had this in reserve the entire time"
It swaps its moveset in between battles, depending on the opponent.

If this was supposed to be an Ash episode, wouldn't the writers have made it one? Comments like yours make no sense.

Thats the point: Ash focused episodes don't exist in this series, except for 2 (Visquez and Bea). The rest he needs to share with Goh.

This was an Ash focused episode, cuz Ash did more than Goh (But Goh still got more out of it than Ash).

It follows the only 4 moves thing not the level up.
But how can you be sure? Electavire may have known Giga Impact at the same time as knowing the other four moves, but didn’t use it since it would have left it open to a direct attack. There’s nothing to say the anime follows this, or that. I really can’t say for sure the anime follows it, or not. They may just write it so the Pokemon fits the fight they’re writing, but doesn’t close off the possibility of them having it. So, I think Farfetch’d still has Brutual Swing.

Thats the point: Ash focused episodes don't exist in this series, except for 2 (Visquez and Bea). The rest he needs to share with Goh.

This was an Ash focused episode, cuz Ash did more than Goh (But Goh still got more out of it than Ash).

TV shows can juggle multiple characters at once. It doesn't have to always be as binary as Goh-focused or Ash-focused. Both can get concurrent development.

But how can you be sure? Electavire may have known Giga Impact at the same time as knowing the other four moves, but didn’t use it since it would have left it open to a direct attack. There’s nothing to say the anime follows this, or that. I really can’t say for sure the anime follows it, or not. They may just write it so the Pokemon fits the fight they’re writing, but doesn’t close off the possibility of them having it. So, I think Farfetch’d still has Brutual Swing.
Electivire only used four moves during the battle against Barry, and only four moves during the final battle with Ash. Giga Impact was just a temporary addition to its moveset.

TV shows can juggle multiple characters at once. It doesn't have to always be as binary as Goh-focused or Ash-focused. Both can get concurrent development.
I get that, and you’re 100% correct, but I, and probably others, feels as though that balance hasn’t been given fairly. When Ash was fighting Korrina, and Visquez, Goh was off doing his own thing. Sure, he came back to watch Ash, but there’s always the fact Goh needs to have his own thing in an Ash episode. When it’s the other way around, Ash is helping Goh, or Ash never gets the chance to do battling/a PWC related topic in a Goh episode.
I think that’s where others are coming from.

BTW, I like your name, it’s funny.

(...) and doesn't even get team changes in episodes where the other one also doesn't get them (Bar Gengar).

Did Goh got a catch or an evolution in the episode Ash caught Farfetch'd? I thought the narrator even said Goh didn't caught anything (even if it was forshadowing for Sobble which Goh caught the next episode).

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom