• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN056: Gampi of The Big Four! The Hall of Chivalry!!

Hell yeah that was a great episode! Loving the Kamon focus we've been getting recently. I genuinely expected him to evolve at the end, but it's even better that he didn't! I love it when Journeys can subvert my expectations (in a good way) like this, makes me more optimistic for its future. Detect is an interesting move, and I guess it replaced focus energy? Who would've thought that was the first fighting move he would've learnt?

There's just a lot of things I liking about Ash and Farfetchd's dynamic. Them growing closer, their shared goal of beating Rinto, Ash being actively involved with its training, etc. It's so good to see Farfetch'd actually get its own arc, even if it's long overdue. The actual episode was structured pretty well with the 3 trials and I was pretty entertained throughout the whole thing. Ash recovering Farfetchd's leek, sword fighting Wikstrom and Farfetch'd taking damage to protect Ash were some of my highlights here. I'm also happy with how Goh was handled, as although they both participated, Ash was still the focus here.

I could say more about it, but honestly you guys explained it better than I could. The moment I saw this episode in those previews I was hyped, and I'm glad it didn't disappoint. I'll give it a 9/10, the king delivers again.

Dude this is f***ing late. Tbh this episode was very good so lazy... REWIEW!!!
:bulbaWave:Good Stuff
+
Ash Focus
+ Kamon
+ Kamon Development
+ Wikstrom proper treatment
+ Kamon new move
+ The 1 sc Ash vs Wikstrom Battle
+ Wikstrom has more than Aeigislash
+ XY and SM reference but Pikachu transformed into a leek.
+ Kamon didnt evolve.
:bulbaFacepalm:Bad Stuff
- Goh Scizor crap
:confused:Extra
So I guess Kamon evolves JN060? (I swear if Goh is in the episode...)
9/10 without Goh this would have been PERFECT.

+
Ash Focus
+ Kamon
+ Kamon Development
+ Kamon new move
+ Kamon didnt evolve.
- Goh Scizor crap
Lord, that white text hurts my eyes.

Back on topic...
+
Ash Focus
+ Kamon
+ Kamon Development
+ Kamon new move
+ Kamon didnt evolve.
- Goh Scizor crap
I don't think the evolution made the episode detract from its main focus at all. Ash and Farfetch'd still got most of the screentime, as they were supposed to. This review sums up the good points of the episode pretty well:

I don't think the evolution made the episode detract from the main focus of the episode at all. Ash and Farfetch'd still got most of the screentime. This review sums up the good points of the episode pretty well:
undefined
Did I say that it detracted from Ash focus in that post? I just said ''Goh Scizor c***''. I think you thought that cuz I said Scizor. I said Scizor cuz I didn't wanna say Scyther cuz it eolved. Also I watched that rewiew before.

Did I say that it detracted from Ash focus in that post? I just said ''Goh Scizor c***''. I think you thought that cuz I said Scizor. I said Scizor cuz I didn't wanna say Scyther cuz it eolved. Also I watched that rewiew before.
I personally didn't see anything wrong with Scyther/Scizor in this episode.

The fact that it detracted antention with Ash alongside Goh.
As with the evolution, I don't think it did. As I said above, Ash and Farfetch'd still easily got the most of the screentime. Goh was on the screen just enough for his own development, and not a minute more.

As with the evolution, I don't think it did. As I said above, Ash and Farfetch'd still easily got the most of the screentime. Goh was on the screen just enough for his own development, and not a minute more.
Id say this is the focus chart on this episode:
Ash: 51%
Goh: 49%
Also did Goh get development this ep?

That's greatly exaggerative.
A major Pokémon of his evolved. But that was compact and quickly done, so it didn't steal the attention away from Ash and Farfetch'd any more than absolutely necessary.

Uh, no? We only got brief segments of Goh’s trials, while Ash and Galarfetch’d had the spotlight through the whole bonding and battling. A near half to half is very overblown.

Besides, the Scizor evolution took a minute or so at the tail end. Nothing here took away from Ash.

I’ll be the first to say Goh does hog screentime, but this really wasn’t the case here. His presence was unecessary, sure, but unlike other times nothing of major was skipped from the Ash end of the focus.

The fact that it detracted antention with Ash alongside Goh.

The evolution scene itself was such a minor part of the episode how can anyone claim that it detracted from Ash when he and his bird still got the biggest chunk of the episode? People say the same about Goh's 10 second capture scenes and it makes absolutely no sense to me how people think that such insignificant scenes take anything away from Ash.

Like seriously what would Ash have done with those extra few seconds if Goh's Scyther hadn't evolved?

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom