• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN057: Love is Koduck

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there's no Wigglytuff in this episode, I'm not watching it

Psyduck5 (1).png

As much as I would LOVE for this to be a Misty episode, it's become pretty clear that any upcoming character returns are going to be featured in the OP. If she was going to be showing up any time soon, she would've been shown along with Iris and Gary.

Anyway, I always tend to enjoy Psyduck episodes. It's just such a silly thing and is usually very fun to watch! Obviously we're not sure yet who or what the "love" is referring to, but I wouldn't be mad if it was a "Pokémon in love" kind of episode. I know it's a plotline that gets used a lot but they're almost always really enjoyable.

Last edited:
I doubt Misty will appear, but seeing as character returns have become a more common thing now, I hope Ash makes even the tiniest, most inconsequential acknowledgment of her and her Psyduck. Something tells me that still won't happen though.

I hope Shiny Hunter returns. His Psyduck could be the love interest.

Since the writers seem so bent on giving all gimmicky and/or memetic Kanto Pokemon focus episodes in this series, let's check how many are left:

Italics means the Pokemon already had a role in the series but not a whole episode or half-episode. And yes, the list is subjective.

Metapod
Pikachu & Raichu
Jigglypuff
Digglet/Dugtrio
Meowth
Psyduck
Bellsprout
Slowpoke & Slowbro
Kantonian Farfetch'd
Doduo
Shellder
Hypno
Voltorb & Electrode
Exeggcute & Exeguttor
Lickitung
Koffing
Chansey
Kangaskhan
Mr. Mime
Magikarp

Lapras
Ditto
Eevee
& eeveelutions
Porygon (who likely will never appear again)
Aerodactyl & fossils
Snorlax

Articuno
Zapdos
Moltres
Mewtwo
Dratini, Dragonair & Dragonite
Mew

There's a lot crossed out, but we've still a long way to go...

This episode be like:
Koduck: Hello I luv u
Girl Koduck: Go away filthy!!
Koduck: Waah! *sees Satoshi and Gou* help me find luv pls!!
Gou: OMG a Koduck???? Monsta Ball let's gou!!!
Gou's Smartphone Rotom: Exellent!!!! *trink* Koduck's data will be added to the Index!
Gou: Koduck getto da ze!!!
Aceburn: Aceburn Ace!!!
Satoshi: OMG Gou ur a proffesional!!!
Pikachu: Pikachu Pikapi!!!

Don't forget the scene where the Psyduck rushes at his crush while she does the same only for her to run past Psyduck to the arms of the Pokemon she actually loves.

Don't forget the scene where the Psyduck rushes at his crush while she does the same only for her to run past Psyduck to the arms of the Pokemon she actually loves.
Oh yeah, I'll add that!
Goh: Koduck Goh!
Koduck: Is dat may luv!!! Yey
Girl Koduck: *runs past koduck and hugs other koduck*
Koduck: *heartbroken noises*
Goh: Koduck return!

Have to wait for confirmation but apparently this episode is about chryssa and a picture of a guy with a Psyduck she likes.

Hopefully Dephender at Serebii will confirm this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom