• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN057: Love is Koduck

This would've been a meh filler episode for me, but it was made worse with the Lapras tease. This is a D- episode for me.

Also, who voiced the Psyduck Trainer, he sounded like the most generic shonen protag ever and I feel like I've heard him from somewhere.

Easily the worse episode of this month. We always thought that Chrysa is falling for that guy. It was all a troll that she want psyduck all along. Nonetheless, it a good interacting between her and Chloe. While the boys on themselves for something else for a change.

Overall rating: C-

Easily the worse episode of this month. We always thought that Chrysa is falling for that guy. It was all a troll that she want psyduck all along. Nonetheless, it a good interacting between her and Chloe. While the boys on themselves for something else for a change.

Overall rating: C-

Did people really think she liked the guy? People predicted the outcome from a mile away.

I enjoyed it myself, but yeah, if you're not interested in Koharu or Kikuna I can see it being pretty dull. I'll come back with an actual review when there are subs since it was pretty dialogue-heavy, but as it was I liked what I saw and got a laugh out of the ending.

This was pretty much everything I had hoped it to be. Extremely cute, enough romantic tease to keep someone like me satiated, but actually Kikuna is a strong career woman with a penchant for cute ducks so EVEN BETTER! I loved seeing a grown woman in a small apartment stuffed full of Pokemon merch lol, so freaking relatable. I wouldn't mind if Koduck man returns in a truly romantic way though mind you...

I suspect the episode had a lot of good insights on both Koharu and Kikuna's characters, which unfortunately I didn't understand a lot of in real time without subs... I think at one point Kikuna suggests Koharu join Satoshi and Go to help her develop with Eevee and she's all like 'eww no' but she's actually worried they'll look down on her for being 'behind' them on raising Pokemon. Kikuna was down and out in the snow in the flashback because of some kind of failure in pursuing her academic aspirations. Koharu seems to genuinely look up to Kikuna as a role model as well which I think is so fab for both characters!

What Lapras tease
Satoshi and Go ran off because it was going to snow to try and catch ice-type Pokemon. They had zero success, and just after they left the waterfront to get food a school of Lapras showed up in the water :wynaut:

This was pretty much everything I had hoped it to be. Extremely cute, enough romantic tease to keep someone like me satiated, but actually Kikuna is a strong career woman with a penchant for cute ducks so EVEN BETTER! I loved seeing a grown woman in a small apartment stuffed full of Pokemon merch lol, so freaking relatable. I wouldn't mind if Koduck man returns in a truly romantic way though mind you...

I suspect the episode had a lot of good insights on both Koharu and Kikuna's characters, which unfortunately I didn't understand a lot of in real time without subs... I think at one point Kikuna suggests Koharu join Satoshi and Go to help her develop with Eevee and she's all like 'eww no' but she's actually worried they'll look down on her for being 'behind' them on raising Pokemon. Kikuna was down and out in the snow in the flashback because of some kind of failure in pursuing her academic aspirations. Koharu seems to genuinely look up to Kikuna as a role model as well which I think is so fab for both characters!

Satoshi and Go ran off because it was going to snow to try and catch ice-type Pokemon. They had zero success, and just after they left the waterfront to get food a school of Lapras showed up in the water :wynaut:

Dammit. First the Pidgeot, now the Lapras. Whats next, the Butterfree.

This was okay, I guess - it’s nice to see normal life in the Pokémon universe and intresting to focus on a minor character and Chrysa, (that’s a joke) but I didn’t understand what they were saying so a lot of it was lost on me.

I think it would have been better to see them going round doing their job a little bit more at the start.

No Cinderace here today!

I watched this episode on YouTube; and while it was obvious the translations weren’t 100% accurate, it was mentioned that Gengar was possibly annoyed because it was left behind. If correct, that’s very ironic knowing the writers are both aware and at fault (and will most likely do nothing to change that). :confused: Can anyone confirm?

Also, Chloe’s Eevee really is just the cutest.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom