• All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Preview JN058: Panic! Gokulin Ball!! / Come on, Kamukame - The Turtle Race!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hoping for some wacky stuff.

Super Rhyperior!
Reaction score
Based on the trailer with Goh getting a Gulpin head, I'm already have severe doubts about this two parter

Unlike the other two, the Chewtle segment has potential

I'm a male Mew and Sobble fan
Reaction score
Fans: "WE WANT GROOKEY!"

Writers: "You want two p? As in you want another two part episode? Okay, here you go!"

Come on guys, we've been waiting for Grookey to appear forever now. Throw us all a bone, will ya? No more of this pointless two part nonsense.

Huggable Alolan Raichu
Reaction score

Writers: "You want two p? As in you want another two part episode? Okay, here you go!"

Come on guys, we've been waiting for Grookey to appear forever now. Throw us all a bone, will ya? No more of this pointless two part nonsense.
It may be because I prefer Sobble and (especially) Scorbunny over Grookey, but this doesn't really bother me, although I can understand why it bothers some.

Also, technically Grookey already appeared in a fantasy earlier.

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Grookey
@BlazingPyro77 The title should also have Gulpin's name in Japanese.
Ok.

YES.
It may be because I prefer Sobble and (especially) Scorbunny over Grookey, but this doesn't really bother me, although I can understand why it bothers some.

Also, technically Grookey already appeared in a fantasy earlier.
It was not important and was there for 1 second. Poor Grookey, my favoruite galar starter. Im still waiting for Ash to catch it.:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Goh’s Pokédex Completion Percentage: 8.3% done!
Reaction score
I don’t think there’s any footage we haven’t seen after this episode so JN059 should be Grookey.

These two-parters don’t have the best track record. The last one was awful.

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Grookey
Let me guess... JN059 is about a random guy who lost is Pokemon so Ash and Goh help him. ..sigh.. I should really give up on Grookey appearing.

Super Rhyperior!
Reaction score
Staff list courtesy of Dephender at Serebi

Screenplay 赤尾でこ (Deko Akao)
Storyboard 湯山邦彦 (Kunihiko Yuyama)
Episode Director 上野史博 (Fumihiro Ueno)
Animation Director 篠原隆 (Takashi Shinohara)

05/03/09~05/03/15~05/03/21
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
She/her
I'm more interested that Yuyama has storyboarded all 3 of the double headers so far... Wonder why. He's only previously done 10 episodes between EP001-BW020 till PM19!! Maybe he's bored of retirement?

But since Deko Akao has written good Rockets all 3 times they've been allowed to appear in her episodes I'm in any case onboard :bulbaWave:

WHAT A TWIST!
Reaction score
"OH NO!"
"NOT ONE OF THESE!"
"BOOO!"

Seriously have they just given up on stories and a plot all together?
Director: Look, you guys HATED the Team Flare Arc, and didn't like the SM stories, so we didn't see the point anymore.
No, a lot of LOVED the Team Flare arc. It's just a bunch of fools were pissed Ash lost the League (when they should've seen it coming). And the SM stories were meh...

(and I wanted Chewtle vs. Turtwig to be Nessa vs. Gardenia... :cry: )

My Little Ponyta
Reaction score
Looks like I'm still one of the few people who doesn't totally detest the two parters. Yeah they're insanely wacky, but I find them pretty amusing at the same time. Honestly, I'm so bored watching this series half the time that I'll take a little insanity every now and again just to spice things up.

The good news for those of you who hate these episodes: it seems that they always precede a big "hype" episode. The first two parter came right before the Leon/Raihan battle, and the second was followed up with the first episode of the Darkest Day arc. So I'd say chances are good the episode after this one will be a big/interesting one.

Me, personally? I'm hoping it'll be the return episode for Iris or Gary.

Status
Not open for further replies.