• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN058: Panic! Gokulin Ball!! / Come on, Kamukame - The Turtle Race!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does the Gatcha machine, a very powerful device employed to members of TR to do evil biddings, have Pokemon like Gyardos, Tyranitar, Beatric, and so on...yet has multiple Gulpin. I get it has Hondour, and un-evolved Pokemon like that, but who in TR decided, hey! Let’s breed/steal/capture loads of Swalot/Gulpin instead of dozens of Tyranitars!
Giovanni is basicly trolling them at this point.
All it really says is that Ash and Goh get stuck with the other Pokemon in town, not anything about TR’s base, where I assume the Gatcha is, being compromised.
They are in their base. The Gulpin run away from the base and probably expode the gacha since there is too much

I am so happy!!! I hope the gachat machine will be totally empty and unusable after these episodes!

Clearing the obvious problem of the Gatcha machine, that it doesn’t allow proper development for TR, I’ve never even understood the point in the Gatcha machine.
How does it even operate functionally for TR members? It has no reliance anywhere it goes and this shows it. The Zapdos episode gave them ground-types and helped directed the attacks with Lighting Rod, but in the Ivysaur episode, it gave them a Gyardos on top of a building, yet the Piplup race, where there was loads of water, gave them no water-types.
Despite its craziness, it would have been a lot better if TR were given the option to choose what Pokemon suited the mission, so they always had an advantage, essentially making the episode intriguing in terms of how Ash and Goh would overcome the situation (still don’t know how Pikachu beat Stunfisk and Rydon by itself). When I saw TR get Tyranitar and Gyardos the first time they used it, I was so excited that they may actually be a threat this time. Alas, ever since, they’ve been treated like a joke - getting half episodes like these, having literally pointless appearances in the Darkest Day arc, and even episodes like the Diglett one, the Gatcha machine has broke them apart. Even the BW TR had more development, somehow. Crazy to think they were my favourite part of S&M.
If it is destroyed, then good riddance to it.

It won't. This is a joke episode.

Also, I don't hate the Prize Master, and it's not likely to go anywhere before Journeys ends.
I can see why you would like it, but for the sake of how manny people hate it, I wouldn’t be surprised if they scrapped it.

"Panic! Gokulin Balls!!"
The Rocket Gang has been having so much fun they've all fallen asleep. Just then a Pelipper shows up and starts turning the crank on their capsule vending machine Rocket Gachat, causing it to dispense one Gokulin after another. Panic breaks out as the Gokulin's Ability "Sticky Hold" makes both Satoshi, Go and all the Pokémon in town get stuck together...?
I'm guessing the entire first half of this episode is just gonna be one big Katamari Damacy reference. Haven't played the game itself, but I'm hoping the first half will be fairly entertaining, at least. Gonna make a wild guess here and say that the entire kerfuffle gets resolved by the Gachat machine dispensing a Weezing with Neutralizing Gas. Watch as Team Rocket fans despair when James doesn't react to the Weezing at all.

Not much to say about the second half, but more Chewtle screentime is always nice.

It's just the loud minority that I've seen voicing their dislike towards it, personally.
Loud minority??? Oh trust me, it is not a loud minority. Most people I see either hate the Gacha with the burning fibers of their being, are apathetic at this point because it’s probably not going anywhere, or enjoy the variety (My sister’s one of them. I’ve also noticed a pretty big chunk of the latter category don’t care for the TRio)

Why does the Gatcha machine, a very powerful device employed to members of TR to do evil biddings, have Pokemon like Gyardos, Tyranitar, Beatric, and so on...yet has multiple Gulpin. I get it has Hondour, and un-evolved Pokemon like that, but who in TR decided, hey! Let’s breed/steal/capture loads of Swalot/Gulpin instead of dozens of Tyranitars!
Clearing the obvious problem of the Gatcha machine, that it doesn’t allow proper development for TR, I’ve never even understood the point in the Gatcha machine.
How does it even operate functionally for TR members? It has no reliance anywhere it goes and this shows it. The Zapdos episode gave them ground-types and helped directed the attacks with Lighting Rod, but in the Ivysaur episode, it gave them a Gyardos on top of a building, yet the Piplup race, where there was loads of water, gave them no water-types.
Despite its craziness, it would have been a lot better if TR were given the option to choose what Pokemon suited the mission, so they always had an advantage, essentially making the episode intriguing in terms of how Ash and Goh would overcome the situation (still don’t know how Pikachu beat Stunfisk and Rydon by itself). When I saw TR get Tyranitar and Gyardos the first time they used it, I was so excited that they may actually be a threat this time. Alas, ever since, they’ve been treated like a joke - getting half episodes like these, having literally pointless appearances in the Darkest Day arc, and even episodes like the Diglett one, the Gatcha machine has broke them apart. Even the BW TR had more development, somehow. Crazy to think they were my favourite part of S&M.
If it is destroyed, then good riddance to it.
Yeah, outside of it’s impact on TRio, this is my biggest issue with the Gacha. Unless Sakaki is f*ing with the TRio, it makes zero sense this is Team Rocket’s big weapon. Putting previous technologies aside, can you imagine characters like Butch and Cassidy or Attila and Hun taking a minute or two from their missions to bring in the Gacha and roll a random Pokémon, of which there’s not only no guarantee you’ll get something good but there’s like a billion Gulpin and other weak, low power, ineffective mons? More often than not, I feel like that would be a hindrance to the agents. *I had more I wanted to say but I forgot and it’s better not to get too off-topic*

Anyway, I’m glad to see Rockets are in this two-in-one. Part of me was worried this would end up a bait-and-switch where the Chewtle ended up being completely unrelated to anyone but looks like it’s our Chewster. I’m also glad to see them be so significant in the summary for the first segment. Hopefully they haven’t had their focus episodes relegated to these two-in-one segments.

Loud minority??? Oh trust me, it is not a loud minority. Most people I see either hate the Gacha with the burning fibers of their being, are apathetic at this point because it’s probably not going anywhere, or enjoy the variety (My sister’s one of them. I’ve also noticed a pretty big chunk of the latter category don’t care for the TRio)
My bad.

This first part seems uninetersting like Gulpin? Seriously? Out of all the 898 Pokémon you choose Gulpin? And the plot is just them sticking together? Like WHAAT? Is this gonna be JN048 but Lucario and Cinderace replaced with Ash and Goh? Cuz if it is that is just gonna be bland and even Goh does not deserve to be stuck with Deko Akao Ash.

Probably a joke about real gatcha and bad draws. This is a filler episode after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom