• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN058: Panic! Gokulin Ball!! / Come on, Kamukame - The Turtle Race!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping for some wacky stuff.

Based on the trailer with Goh getting a Gulpin head, I'm already have severe doubts about this two parter

Unlike the other two, the Chewtle segment has potential

Fans: "WE WANT GROOKEY!"

Writers: "You want two p? As in you want another two part episode? Okay, here you go!"

Come on guys, we've been waiting for Grookey to appear forever now. Throw us all a bone, will ya? No more of this pointless two part nonsense.
It may be because I prefer Sobble and (especially) Scorbunny over Grookey, but this doesn't really bother me, although I can understand why it bothers some.

Also, technically Grookey already appeared in a fantasy earlier.

@BlazingPyro77 The title should also have Gulpin's name in Japanese.
Ok.

Fans: "WE WANT GROOKEY!"

Writers: "You want two p? As in you want another two part episode? Okay, here you go!"

Come on guys, we've been waiting for Grookey to appear forever now. Throw us all a bone, will ya? No more of this pointless two part nonsense.
YES.
It may be because I prefer Sobble and (especially) Scorbunny over Grookey, but this doesn't really bother me, although I can understand why it bothers some.

Also, technically Grookey already appeared in a fantasy earlier.
It was not important and was there for 1 second. Poor Grookey, my favoruite galar starter. Im still waiting for Ash to catch it.:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

I don’t think there’s any footage we haven’t seen after this episode so JN059 should be Grookey.

These two-parters don’t have the best track record. The last one was awful.

Let me guess... JN059 is about a random guy who lost is Pokemon so Ash and Goh help him. ..sigh.. I should really give up on Grookey appearing.

Staff list courtesy of Dephender at Serebi

Screenplay 赤尾でこ (Deko Akao)
Storyboard 湯山邦彦 (Kunihiko Yuyama)
Episode Director 上野史博 (Fumihiro Ueno)
Animation Director 篠原隆 (Takashi Shinohara)

I'm more interested that Yuyama has storyboarded all 3 of the double headers so far... Wonder why. He's only previously done 10 episodes between EP001-BW020 till PM19!! Maybe he's bored of retirement?

But since Deko Akao has written good Rockets all 3 times they've been allowed to appear in her episodes I'm in any case onboard :bulbaWave:

"OH NO!"
"NOT ONE OF THESE!"
"BOOO!"

Seriously have they just given up on stories and a plot all together?
Director: Look, you guys HATED the Team Flare Arc, and didn't like the SM stories, so we didn't see the point anymore.
No, a lot of LOVED the Team Flare arc. It's just a bunch of fools were pissed Ash lost the League (when they should've seen it coming). And the SM stories were meh...

(and I wanted Chewtle vs. Turtwig to be Nessa vs. Gardenia... :cry: )

Looks like I'm still one of the few people who doesn't totally detest the two parters. Yeah they're insanely wacky, but I find them pretty amusing at the same time. Honestly, I'm so bored watching this series half the time that I'll take a little insanity every now and again just to spice things up.

The good news for those of you who hate these episodes: it seems that they always precede a big "hype" episode. The first two parter came right before the Leon/Raihan battle, and the second was followed up with the first episode of the Darkest Day arc. So I'd say chances are good the episode after this one will be a big/interesting one.

Me, personally? I'm hoping it'll be the return episode for Iris or Gary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom