• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN058: Panic! Gokulin Ball!! / Come on, Kamukame - The Turtle Race!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like I'm still one of the few people who doesn't totally detest the two parters.
You're not alone. The second one was definitely weaker than the first, but I found the first one entertainingly insane.
Me, personally? I'm hoping it'll be the return episode for Iris or Gary.
I'd love that too.

PS. Speaking of which, the reveal tweet (probably jokingly) wondered if Iris and Gary's returns were going to happen before or after the show goes on another hiatus due to the pandemic. Let us hope that won't happen again.

Insert conspiracy theory

They will hold off on Grookey until we all but give up hope and then bam Ash gets Grookey, week later Goh catches either Dialga or Palkia but we are so happy about Grookey that we pretty all respond with

"who cares if he caught a deity, Ash caught Grookey at last"

End conspiracy theory

Insert conspiracy theory

They will hold off on Grookey until we all but give up hope and then bam Ash gets Grookey, week later Goh catches either Dialga or Palkia but we are so happy about Grookey that we pretty all respond with

"who cares if he caught a deity, Ash caught Grookey at last"

End conspiracy theory
I will acept Goh catching Arceus as long as Ash gets Grookey.

Yes! I predicted these being the components of a two-parter back in December.

I agree that it's weird and sad that after having two TR-focused excellent episodes in 19 & 24 they are being relegated to half-episodes now.

I like that the 2nd segment will apparently include more turtles. I wonder if & how they will include Squirtle, Tirtouga and Turtonator.

Oh great, another one of these where the characters will all either suffer temporary bouts of stupidity or be put into terrible gags all for the sake of unfunny jokes. Why can we never get these to push forward the plot? And into the skip pile it goes.

The first two-parter was wacky and had some, not many, fun moments, and the second two-parter was relying on the Pikachu-dubbing side to carry it, cause that Marshtomp side was probably the most boring episode I’ve ever seen, and I really needed the sub to enjoy the Pikachu-dubbing.
So...I guess anything is possible. Who knows what’s going to happen.

To be honest, I keep forgetting Chewtle even exists in TR, major downside of the Gatcha.

Have they ever given a reason for these two-parters being a thing in the series now? The only filler I’ve really enjoyed in Journeys was the Piplup Race, and weirdly enough, they haven’t really done anything like that since. The Feebas episode was technically a Chloe episode, so I wonder why they stopped doing episodes like that.

Sigh... Not at all hyped for this, in retrospect the Magikarp/Slowking episode was kinda fun but pretty pointless and the Marshtomp one was utterly boring.

And because these episodes have to be the most fillery episodes possible, we’ll see no character development and no new captures for Goh... not looking forward to this but welcome to being suprised.

The problem isn't another Two-Parter Episode for me but the way they are placing the episodes in this series is insane.
You said it. I really don’t get why this is coming after the Psyduck episode. I know that might be a Chloe episode, and the lab assistant, but it doesn’t really strike me as major development. Had it been the Grookey, Iris, or Gary episode first, then this should have come after.

Fans: "WE WANT GROOKEY!"

Writers: "You want two p? As in you want another two part episode? Okay, here you go!"

Come on guys, we've been waiting for Grookey to appear forever now. Throw us all a bone, will ya? No more of this pointless two part nonsense.

If we're going to get more two parters, can they be more slice of life with supporting characters? The aides at Cerise Lab need all the screen time and characterisation they can get, there are characters of the day who have gotten more character work than they have and they've been recurring characters for just over fifty episodes. Go on, without looking it up, what are their names? That's how underdeveloped they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom