• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN058: Panic! Gokulin Ball!! / Come on, Kamukame - The Turtle Race!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does the Gatcha machine, a very powerful device employed to members of TR to do evil biddings, have Pokemon like Gyardos, Tyranitar, Beatric, and so on...yet has multiple Gulpin. I get it has Hondour, and un-evolved Pokemon like that, but who in TR decided, hey! Let’s breed/steal/capture loads of Swalot/Gulpin instead of dozens of Tyranitars!
TR has captured dozens of Pokemon in the same species before, and only failed because Ash, so it's likely that another member had the same idea and succeeded.

Would you rather...have these episodes that utilise the staff writing and producing them, or have the week off period that was apparent in other seasons, like X&Y?
Obviously I’m not very certified in the animation production scheme, so I don’t really know that much, but I’m curious to know other people feelings about these two-parters.

At the end of the day, it will always be for kids, but that last two-parter was a massive waste of time.
The Chewtle portion definitely could have been a full episode by itself, so I don’t get why it’s like this.

It doesn't deserve to be a full episode, so I don't get the complaint.
It’s not a complaint per say, it’s more of a question of why TR haven’t been given focus, and more specifically why they’ve been reduced to half-episodes.
In S&M, we had the Charjabug race, which in all honesty, was pretty fun. Honestly the summary doesn’t really clarify that much in terms of why Chewtle is picking a fight with Turtwig, but it seems better than a certain Diglett episode that somehow ran for more than twenty minutes.

For the second half of the episode, I really hope James is the one who enters and, more importantly, actually wins.

The last time James came first in a competition is over 10 years ago, when he stood in for Jessie in a Pokemon Contest (DP146). If we only count competitions where he was competing for himself, then we have to go back more than 15 years to when he won at Pokemon Orienteering (AG159). At least Jessie got to win a Showcase onscreen in XY101, which was *checks Bulbapedia* more than 5 years ago?!

Ok, I'm gonna slightly change my original statement: just let a member of TRio win in this competition. It's been way too long since they got to win at something.
It's not an actual competition.

I'm actually really glad we're finally going to see Team Rocket out of the status quo "trying to steal Pikachu/other Pokémon" shenanigans that Journeys has lapsed back into. It's really unfortunate because there's so much more to them than that. Not to mention that these two parters have been super goofy; the TRio can really shine here.

It's not an actual competition.

Yea, I saw the summary which has been uploaded after I made my original post.

Disappointing, guess I will have to wait for another time for James to win something

It's March 5th and Musashi and Kojiro are spending the whole episode in bed because they've been 'having so much fun'...

tumblr_nj86q9snsD1tkiv14o3_400.gifv

:sneaky:

Watch as Team Rocket fans despair when James doesn't react to the Weezing at all.
Well since he'll be conveniently asleep...

So this is the gatcha's fault....

I didn't think it was possible for me to dislike it more than I already did...

New Summary

The Rocket Gang has been having so much fun they've fallen asleep. Just then Pelipper arrives and starts turning the crank on the Rocket Gachat, causing it to dispense one Gokulin after another. Their Ability cause panic to break out in town. The segment "Come On, Kamukame Turtle Race!" will air as part of this epissode as well.

The first segment looks so sorta fun to be fair. I never had a problem with the Two-Split Segments Episode. Heck, I think this something they should have done in Previous Series (especially in Sun & Moon). I really like Comedy & Slapstick so I enjoy these episodes. Another plus is they are directed by Kunihiko Yuyama himself.

Personally the 2-segments episodes are my favorite ones in this series so far. But I have a real fear for this episode: that Musashi and Kojiro sleep during the 2 parts or that we only see them in the first part... They need so much more screentime T_T

After Grookey I'm pretty sure no one cares about this ep

:bulbaWave:

Personally the 2-segments episodes are my favorite ones in this series so far. But I have a real fear for this episode: that Musashi and Kojiro sleep during the 2 parts or that we only see them in the first part... They need so much more screentime T_T
As long as they are sleeping in each others' arms I think we can cope :sneaky:;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom