• All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Review JN058: Panic! Gokulin Ball!! / Come on, Kamukame - The Turtle Race!

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Grookey
You beat me to it! Anyways this was 22 minutes of my life, wasted.

Lord of the Rhinos!
Reaction score
Gulpin episode, boring as predicted
Chewtle vs Turtwig, had potential but was wasted

Overall, this episode was one of the worst with the other 2 in 1 episodes

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Grookey
Seing TRio with Chewtle, Morpeko and Pellpier makes me wish the Gacha didn't exist.
Also OOC Ash again.

Reaction score
Seing TRio with Chewtle, Morpeko and Pellpier makes me wish the Gacha didn't exist.
Also OOC Ash again.
I haven't watched the episode yet, in what way was Ash OOC?

Also, the writer for this episode is Deko Akao, so I suppose this is to be expected...

Jez

Fan of Team Rocket since 1998/99
Reaction score
I’m furious, it’s not the simple cameo of an Arbok mug that will console me! It was 20 minutes of pure waste of time!!! The writers in this series no longer care about Musashi and Kojiro at all. I wish the gachat machine burns in Hell!!!

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Grookey
I haven't watched the episode yet, in what way was Ash OOC?

Also, the writer for this episode is Deko Akao, so I suppose this is to be expected...
I agree Deko Akao loves making Ash OOC. Anyways he was OOC because he was childish.

Reaction score
Yeah, not many are going to like this one, but it was an improvement over 41 (the Turtle Race may be the best "segment" these episodes have overall, though hard to top Satoking). Wish the Gulpin part was more chaotic, but the Alakazam/Snorlax moments were amusing.

Reaction score
First segment: It just either random or funny and I thought, Ash and Goh is going crash landing into Cerise house after being trapped by Team Rocket Gulpin.
Second segment: It kind of boring and never thought that the turtle pokemon racing that Meowth bringing along with Chewtle from being recording.

2 in 1 episode: It kind of alright.

Overall rating: C+

05/03/09~05/03/15~05/03/21
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
She/her
The episode begins with Musashi having a dream that someone is complimenting her that her skin is more moist than Numera/Goomy and she gets so embarrassed she whacks Kojiro... nice :sneaky:

March 5th.png

Oh yeah, the episode. As expected, I quite enjoyed both parts. Both very silly. The Sato/Go shippers will love Part A. Go apparently runs for pleasure/exercise, Satoshi likes to shove him just because, he gets stuck to a Gokulin, one gets stuck to Satoshi's backside, Go warns him not to touch it but he can't help himself, then Satoshi has to hold Go's hand to guide him back home and Go worries that it's embarrassing to walk down the street holding his hand like this........ Oh yeah then Satoshi gets distracted by a show, runs into the park, the rest of the Gokulin crash into them, they become one big ball, pick up all kinds of flotsam and end up back at the lab.

There's a word based pun I'll have to wait on the subs for - Sakuragi tells Go that they can break the ball up by using Gastro Acid but Go mishears and they tell the Gokulin to do... something else I didn't understand... either way it successfully breaks apart the ball in a rainbowific explosion :p

I want to revisit Part B with subs because I need to listen to Inuko's Nyasu about a million times before I can fully understand all his dialogue and he was essentially narrating the race, translating .etc. However I live for a Sonansu who is prepared to liberate Nyasu but not before he's played with the Gatchat whilst his mummy's asleep <3 Kamukame/Naetle relationship was perfect too, and I also loved how happy Kamukame was to win the race even by default! It makes me so cross actually that they can't just allow it to be a Rocket mon because it has fantastic chemistry with Nyasu and Sonansu...

Reaction score
This was a fairly entertaining episode. First part was dumb but fun, and Alakazam's presence made the entire thing more entertaining than I expected it to be. Second part was quite fun too. As always, episodes (or in this case, half-episodes) that mainly focus on Pokemon with next to zero human-involvement are really fun to watch, with this one mainly focusing on Meowth, Wobbuffet and Chewtle. I was gonna question where all of these non-Kanto turtle-based Pokemon keep coming from, so thank god for the old main appearing at the end there.

Lord of the Rhinos!
Reaction score
The Turtle race segment could have been so much better

They should have made the race an actual competition, have Goh catch a turtle like Pokemon to compete but no, some random trainer's Turtwig takes part with its other Pokemon showing up out of the blue

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
Still just as bad as I thought it would be. Also I agree that Ash seems to be more childish when Deko Akao is involved. He is just 10, but he seems to act younger at times. These 2-in-1 episodes have all been worse than the standard filler.

Last edited: