• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN058: Panic! Gokulin Ball!! / Come on, Kamukame - The Turtle Race!

Seing TRio with Chewtle, Morpeko and Pellpier makes me wish the Gacha didn't exist.
Also OOC Ash again.

I haven't watched the episode yet, in what way was Ash OOC?

Also, the writer for this episode is Deko Akao, so I suppose this is to be expected...

I’m furious, it’s not the simple cameo of an Arbok mug that will console me! It was 20 minutes of pure waste of time!!! The writers in this series no longer care about Musashi and Kojiro at all. I wish the gachat machine burns in Hell!!!

Yeah, not many are going to like this one, but it was an improvement over 41 (the Turtle Race may be the best "segment" these episodes have overall, though hard to top Satoking). Wish the Gulpin part was more chaotic, but the Alakazam/Snorlax moments were amusing.

First segment: It just either random or funny and I thought, Ash and Goh is going crash landing into Cerise house after being trapped by Team Rocket Gulpin.
Second segment: It kind of boring and never thought that the turtle pokemon racing that Meowth bringing along with Chewtle from being recording.

2 in 1 episode: It kind of alright.

Overall rating: C+

The episode begins with Musashi having a dream that someone is complimenting her that her skin is more moist than Numera/Goomy and she gets so embarrassed she whacks Kojiro... nice :sneaky:

March 5th.png

Oh yeah, the episode. As expected, I quite enjoyed both parts. Both very silly. The Sato/Go shippers will love Part A. Go apparently runs for pleasure/exercise, Satoshi likes to shove him just because, he gets stuck to a Gokulin, one gets stuck to Satoshi's backside, Go warns him not to touch it but he can't help himself, then Satoshi has to hold Go's hand to guide him back home and Go worries that it's embarrassing to walk down the street holding his hand like this........ Oh yeah then Satoshi gets distracted by a show, runs into the park, the rest of the Gokulin crash into them, they become one big ball, pick up all kinds of flotsam and end up back at the lab.

There's a word based pun I'll have to wait on the subs for - Sakuragi tells Go that they can break the ball up by using Gastro Acid but Go mishears and they tell the Gokulin to do... something else I didn't understand... either way it successfully breaks apart the ball in a rainbowific explosion :p

I want to revisit Part B with subs because I need to listen to Inuko's Nyasu about a million times before I can fully understand all his dialogue and he was essentially narrating the race, translating .etc. However I live for a Sonansu who is prepared to liberate Nyasu but not before he's played with the Gatchat whilst his mummy's asleep <3 Kamukame/Naetle relationship was perfect too, and I also loved how happy Kamukame was to win the race even by default! It makes me so cross actually that they can't just allow it to be a Rocket mon because it has fantastic chemistry with Nyasu and Sonansu...

This was a fairly entertaining episode. First part was dumb but fun, and Alakazam's presence made the entire thing more entertaining than I expected it to be. Second part was quite fun too. As always, episodes (or in this case, half-episodes) that mainly focus on Pokemon with next to zero human-involvement are really fun to watch, with this one mainly focusing on Meowth, Wobbuffet and Chewtle. I was gonna question where all of these non-Kanto turtle-based Pokemon keep coming from, so thank god for the old main appearing at the end there.

Was that Mr. Fuji at the end?!
Also, wow. I actually forgot how many turtle-based Pokemon there are, which actually made the Torkoal, Tirtouga, etc. popping up all the better

Attachments

• 4CC23EF7-34B2-4708-B4CE-E6E2BD6000E8.png
    4CC23EF7-34B2-4708-B4CE-E6E2BD6000E8.png
    1 MB · Views: 77
Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom