• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN058: Panic! Gokulin Ball!! / Come on, Kamukame - The Turtle Race!

Ok, that was something I didn't need to know it existed.....

I know that it's not meant to be exclusive.....
But, for me, it's ingrained thanks to their song.
And second; having them as 'Co-protagonists.', like Satoshi and Hikari were, makes me difficult to avoid comparing.

Ok, that was something I didn't need to know it existed.....

I know that it's not meant to be exclusive.....
But, for me, it's ingrained thanks to their song.
And second; having them as 'Co-protagonists.', like Satoshi and Hikari were, makes me difficult to avoid comparing.
They have only hi-fived once.

We start with something, and easy the first.
And with Satoshi and Hikari. it grow until it became more frequent.

I ended up watching the first segment, despite saying I wouldn't.
Too random and Ooc for my tastes.

We start with something, and easy the first.
And with Satoshi and Hikari. it grow until it became more frequent.

I ended up watching the first segment, despite saying I wouldn't.
Too random and Ooc for my tastes.
I think you are exxadurating the hi-five. I doubt they wanted to copy

Maybe, let's hope that it's not the case.
I ended up more fired up about that gesture instead of the randomness like I thought during the preview.

I never said copying, just imitate/emulate. It's the same series after all.

As far as most of these two-parters go, I actually enjoyed BOTH segments for the first time! Katamari Damacy is not something I ever expected to see in the anime but Journeys is no stranger to this type of thing. The scenes where Professor Cerise and Chryssa inspected the ball were enjoyable, and I loved the shenanigans w/ Alakazam making the ball float. The only downsides of the first part of this episode is that none of Goh's Pokemon appeared where a good amount could've added to the zaniness like Sobble or Golurk and Goh felt somewhat out of character for a lot of the episode.

The second part was a lot more grounded and tame in comparison, but it ended up being a lot more interesting than the vibe the previews came off and was more fun than the first one for me. The jokes at the beginning like Wobbuffet slamming his head on the table were hilarious and I liked the chemistry that he and Meowth had throughout the episode (we've come such a long way from the OS days :giggle:). Chewtle was great here too, and the small bits of characterization like just wanting to play at the park and waiting until the Turtwig was out of sight to pop off makes me sad because we probably won't end up seeing it for another year. There's 0 reason that it has to be restricted to a overglorified lootbox this entire series. The race itself wasn't too crazy, but I liked that they eventually had every other turtlemon show up with the master. Overall they're both a set of pretty inoffensive episodes but a step up from the other two.

OVERALL SCORE:
7/10

I remember so my favorite part of view scene, Wobbuffet and Meowth fellow by Chewtle outside after he walked to the park, so Meowth asked him. Chewtle wants to play race so variety of pokemon turtles after Chewtle got win.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom