• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Preview JN059: The Lost Sarunori! Who is the Trainer!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now with Mega Evolution
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him/His
You’re free to speculate on this for now, but the tweet itself even classifies this as a rumor so until there is something more substantial to actually confirm it, I’m going to remove the Preview prefix from this thread to avoid confusion.

WHAT A TWIST!
Reaction score
At least let it belong to a riv--oh who am I kidding?! There ARE no rivals in this series! :cry:

Last edited:
Reaction score
So all this time they have us wait for Grookey and it belongs to someone else. God, this may be even worse than them giving it outright to Go.

Lord of the Rhinos!
Reaction score
This certainly promises to be very exciting, especially compared to the previous story

My Little Ponyta
Reaction score
Honestly? I'm not even excited for Grookey to show up; it's more of an "about time" feeling for me.

And that holds up whether this actually ends up being Grookey's debut episode or it's still somewhere down the line. I honestly will never understand the thought process behind waiting over a whole year for one of the newest gen's starters to show up (and yes, it's ridiculous even when taking the COVID hiatus into account; still would've been pretty much a year's wait anyway.)

Reaction score
As someone who doesn't value the Starters particularly over other Pokémon, I can't say I'm bothered over Grookey's late arrival, so long as the story and his arc are well executed.

Him belonging to another trainer could be interesting, so long as it doesn't end up being a repeat of Paul's Chimchar.

SoCal King K. Rool main
Reaction score
What if this episode is just another “Charmander/Chimchar/Tepig” story, where the trainer ends up being abusive and ends up releasing Grookey? Crossing my fingers that Grookey joins Cinderace and Sobble in the main cast.

Reaction score
There is no way the staff purposefully left Grookey this late for it just not to have a main role.

Reaction score
Welp No Galar Starter for Ash then.

Well maybe I shouldn't jump to conclusions.

This could be more bait

Last edited:
Reaction score
Welp No Galar Starter for Ash then.

Well maybe I shouldn't jump to conclusions.

This could be more bait
Honestly, after the Suicune thing, just abandon hope now. It’s legit become eye roll inducing how much the writers keep pushing Go over Ash and how they seem to not notice that it’s having a negative effect with him becoming more and more polarizing as time goes on as opposed to more loved.

Reaction score
If any Grookey fans wanna vent I'll listen.

I know how you guys are feeling rn. I felt the exact same way when they baited us with Sobble

Cutie Pie
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Grookey
If any Grookey fans wanna vent I'll listen.

I know how you guys are feeling rn. I felt the exact same way when they baited us with Sobble
Ok. I will vent.
Why does Goh get Grookey? Like he already has 2 and we got the ending and that art also Grookey would be perfect with Ash! Now Grookey is gonna be wasted! No starter for Ash? WTF? Sobble didn't even evolve!
Ok that was short. Anyways I hope Grookey is just looking at Goh there and has no interest in him. Or maybe Ash is dressing up as Goh IDK.

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
Honestly, after the Suicune thing, just abandon hope now. It’s legit become eye roll inducing how much the writers keep pushing Go over Ash and how they seem to not notice that it’s having a negative effect with him becoming more and more polarizing as time goes on as opposed to more loved.
I've officially lost hope also all thanks to Pokemon Go the Character.

Status
Not open for further replies.