• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN059: The Lost Sarunori! Who is the Trainer!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
- Sarunori belongs to Kojiro and that man finally gets a Pokemon of his own this series to bonk him on the head with its stick with (y):giggle::love::X3::D:bulbaLove::wynaut:
That would be the most beautiful surprise and I would forgive the anime for the lack of Team Rocket for the past few weeks. Oh Arceus, make this true, it’s totally possible ❤️❤️❤️

Am I the only one here concerned about whether or not this Episode will be Banned once it comes to America?

Goh is a character with Dark Skin and the Anime gave him a Dream Sequence where his Parents look like Rillabooms (f****** GORILLAS!) and gave him a Little Brother who's a MONKEY!

Not to mention that They are going to be in even more hot f****** water because they went to the trouble of making sure that Goh and his entire family are voiced by African-Americans in the English Dub.

Dunno about you guys but that's a huge YIKES from me

If they Banned the Passimian Episode in the West, I feel like Grookey's Debut might also be headed in that direction :(

Last edited:
Am I the only one here concerned about whether or not this Episode will be Banned once it comes to America?

Goh is a character with Dark Skin and the Anime gave him a Dream Sequence where his Parents look like Rillabooms (f****** GORILLAS!) and gave him a Little Brother who's a MONKEY!

Not to mention that They are going to be in even more hot f****** water because they went to the trouble of making sure that Goh and his entire family are voiced by African-Americans in the English Dub.

If they Banned the Passimian Episode in the West, I feel like Grookey's Debut might also be headed in that direction :(
I don't think that'll happen.

So their idea on how to fix Journeys’ already middling reputation...is to repeat the same mistake they made with the Passimian episode?

I wasn’t even expecting anything from them anymore, and yet they still find a way to let me down...

I fail to see how that's bad in an episode that's clearly meant to be a Goh episode.
To beat a dead horse, the fact that we near constantly get Go episodes with barely any Ash, that this series has some serious balance issues and the writers show no signs of fixing it. And has been stated numerous times, Go almost always gets to do something in an Ash episode but never the other way around.

Oh dear.

I have to admit I didn't initially pay it much heed, but the Twittosphere is abuzz with (some quite clearly written) arguments as to why this is bad. On reflection, particularly with the Nagetsukesaru/Passimian incident in such recent memory, I actually can't believe they went there again with ape/human thing.

I assumed that Go and family are supposed to be Japanese (have Japanese names, live in Kanto, sing karaoke .etc), and maybe on that basis (yet again) no thought was put into the potential offence that could be caused. But even though we have had other similarly dark-skinned probably-Japanese characters like Takeshi, I think the interpretation that the Go family are some other non-white ethnicity is perfectly valid. The connotation then once you give them black voices in the dub is... bad.

Ofc the episode is yet to air but hard to see how this scenario is going to come out shining.

It feels weird. There’s nothing really to say. Everything about this episode, and the series, I could talk about have been mentioned tenfold in A LOT of other episodes, and the whole Goh catching Grookey discussion has been run into the ground. I feel flat. Why am I not excited for a starter appearing?

It feels weird. There’s nothing really to say. Everything about this episode, and the series, I could talk about have been mentioned tenfold in A LOT of other episodes, and the whole Goh catching Grookey discussion has been run into the ground. I feel flat. Why am I not excited for a starter appearing?
Most likely because the writers have failed to have Go do anything interesting with his Pokémon and as a result, the concept of them all going to him means that for the first time in the entirety of the anime that the starters aren’t shown off in interesting ways.

Just 8 more pages needed until this becomes the biggest Journeys Preview Thread.

Let's keep the discussion going folks, we have another week.

Omg. I have a feeling the writers sometimes don't think a lot of stuff through... yikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom