• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN059: The Lost Sarunori! Who is the Trainer!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know people have commented on this before, but a starter shouldn't have debuted 59 episodes in a series. That seems like poor planning to me.
I've never felt that anything, beyond the six first episodes, in this series was properly planned; there are no hints nor build-up.
All seems rather improvised or thrown randomly, given Journeys' episodic nature and lazy approach from the staff.

GUYS LOOK!!!!

EwBeNYKVEAArZFP.jpeg

CHLOE WITH GROOKEY?????!!!

(Of course this could end up being like Galarian Ponyta so I'm not trusting it until it actually airs)

I actually won’t mind if Chloe gets him. As long as it’s not Goh I’ll be fine. Besides, wouldn’t this be the 1st time a female companion (or at least soon to be) gets the regional grass starter?
This would be the first time the female companion gets a non-feminine starter if Chloe gets it.

I'm not exactly sure why people are excited about the idea Chloe getting Grookey as if it would be any better off with her than Gou?

If People complain about Goh not utilitizing his Starters in any Battling way

Then I honestly fail to see how Chloe would handle Grookey any better?

This would be the first time the female companion gets a non-feminine starter if Chloe gets it.
May and Torchic? Dawn and Piplup?

Yeah, after what happened with Sobble, I'm not trusting these magazines.

I could see no one catching Grookey in this episode and it follows the protagonists around for a few episodes before eventually deciding to choose Chloe, but I don't think that's very likely. I'd give that like a 5% chance of happening. In my eyes (this is based on what we've seen so far), this is setting up to be another Goh capture.

If Chloe gets Grookey then I don't know if it's Evolving.

Frankly I just can't see Chloe with a Rillaboom.

Especially since the writers have been too chickenshit to give the Female Companions anything that isn't "Kawaii", Soft, Pretty, or Cuddly starting with Serena.

Torchic say hi.
In what way is Torchic feminine?

Last edited:
In what way is Torchic feminine?
I can't describe it but it looks like a girl. Also Sceptile is edgy, Swampert is bulky that means there is only Blaziken left to be feminine.

Especially since the writers have been too chickenshit to give the Female Companions anything that isn't "Kawaii", Soft, or Cuddly starting with Serena.
Tsareena say hi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom