• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Preview JN059: The Lost Sarunori! Who is the Trainer!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cutie Pie
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Grookey
Wait I think I realized the Feminine Starter Theory

Venusaur - Because it has a Flower on it

Meganium - Same thing

Blaziken - .....Because it's association with May???

Empoleon - ....Because of Piplup's association with Dawn??? (Even though Barry and Kenny both have Empoleon)

Serperior - Because Ash's Snivy was Female? (Pokepark's Snivy was also Female)

Delphox - Self Explanatory

Primarina - Self Explanatory

Inteleon/Cinderace - ?????? (Coming to a blank here)
Cinderace - associated with Gloria
Inteleon - Usally associated with females

Cutie Pie
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Grookey
Only the Manga.

It's usually associated with Goh and Victor otherwise
Goh is anime exclusive and the only time it is associated with Victor was in that art and it was probably cuz it is super effecive against grass.

Cutie Pie
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Grookey
Because they are both based on lizards. They have similair design and body structures.
Ok so let's say if Simisage was feminine does that mean Rillaboom would be feminine? no.

Lover of lizard Pokemon
Reaction score
Because they are both based on lizards. They have similair design and body structures.
Both sceptile and Inteleon have different body shapes and neither of their desigs scream Feminine. Sceptile has a cool look while Inteleon is supposed to look a suave spy. The only three starters that look "feminine" are Meganium, Delphox, and Primarina.

Huggable Alolan Raichu
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
This whole masculinity vs femininity discussion could deserve its own thread at this point.

Reaction score
Wait I think I've Cracked the Code on the Feminine Starter Theory

Venusaur - Because it has a Flower on it

Meganium - Same thing

Blaziken - .....Because it's association with May???

Empoleon - ....Because of Piplup's association with Dawn??? (Even though Barry and Kenny both have Empoleon)

Serperior - Because Ash's Snivy was Female?
(Even though Trip's Serperior was Male)

Delphox - Self Explanatory

Primarina - Self Explanatory

Inteleon/Cinderace - ?????? (Coming to a blank here)
To give my 2 cents here, for Cinderace, it’s the sleeker body with wider hips and softer features to the face that give it more of a feminine touch. Plus its ears in G-Max form give off the image of twintails.

As for Inteleon, don’t really see it as feminine, more so giving off the suave aura of a ladykiller.

Last edited:
Huggable Alolan Raichu
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
I'm fairly certain this preview thread has surpassed the Suicune episode preview thread in terms of responses by this point.

Cutie Pie
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Grookey
I'm fairly certain this preview thread has surpassed the Suicune episode preview thread in terms of responses by this point.
YES!!! LET'S GO!!!!! THE BEST GALAR STARTER'S REWIEW THREAD HAS THE MOST PAGES!!!!! YES!!!

Reaction score
Well since they don't have am image with goh and grookey like with sobble might go to Chloe or red herring

Reaction score
Well since they don't have am image with goh and grookey like with sobble might go to Chloe or red herring
I mean, the only thing that justifies Grookey debuting so late is if it actually goes to Chloe.

Huggable Alolan Raichu
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
It doesn't matter masculine or feminine, all Galar Starter Final Evolution Designs are horrible and deserve to be put into the trashcan. Probably the worst designs ever.
I think they're great designs. Even if my favorite of them is Cinderace, I can recognize the other two being well designed too.

Status
Not open for further replies.