• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN059: The Lost Sarunori! Who is the Trainer!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sceptile is, in my opinion, the strongest pokemon of the grass type. Except for legends.

Ash had to be given Sceptile at Hoenn. and it was true. He already had a Charizard. And he got a great Infernape in Dp. I don't think Ash needs Blaizken.

But if he's going to get a starter, I'd prefer Blaziken. Because I don't think there's a good starter that ash could get anyway.

He couldn't get only Blaziken one of the best starters. I don't think Ash needs a starter poker.

It would have been nice if he had taken Sobble or Torchic. But that's okay. Ash needs a legendary poker. He doesn't really need a starter poker.
He won’t get Blaziken. And Rillaboom is stronger than Sceptile both competetive and casual.

He won’t get Blaziken. And Rillaboom is stronger than Sceptile both competetive and casual.
Of course I respect your opinion.

But I think Sceptile is the best grass pokemon ever. I am not counting the legends.

The authors are unfair to Sceptile. Its mega evolution is dragon type while its normal evolution is just grass type.

It would be great if the update comes and the Sceptile is also dragon type.

Of course I respect your opinion.

But I think Sceptile is the best grass pokemon ever. I am not counting the legends.

The authors are unfair to Sceptile. Its mega evolution is dragon type while its normal evolution is just grass type.

It would be great if the update comes and the Sceptile is also dragon type.
Tbh I don’t think they will make a starter dragon type. That would be OP

The anime writers don't give a Rattata's tail about which Pokemon is competitively viable in the games. In this series a regional rodent has just as much of a chance of becoming a powerhouse as a pseudo-legendary, regardless of the fact that in the games the former are usually cannon fodder and the latter have Legendary-tier stats. If the anime ever wanted to be game accurate, then every unevolved Pokemon that couldn't take good advantage of the Eviolite item would be complete trash in battles against fully evolved ones (so a large majority of them, really), Pikachu wouldn't have been able to tank anything (because in the games Pikachus are fragile as heck and tend to be OHKO'd by pretty much any attack they don't outright resist or isn't coming off an opponent with really low offensive stats like Shuckle), and Ash's Greninja wouldn't have lost to Alain's Charizard. So the argument that Rillaboom is better than Sceptile on the grounds that it's "stronger both in casual and competitive" really doesn't hold water here, because if the writers wanted to portray a Sceptile as being stronger than a Rillaboom, they very easily could and would. Game laws be darned.

I'll be fine if Ash doesn't get Grookey, they're having a hard enough time balancing his Pokemon as it is. Just let him have his team of six and let any others be reserves.

Referring to the scan: I want to be optimistic and say Ash is in the top half of the picture (the one Grookey is smiling in). He might be wearing his pajamas; and Goh is obviously at the bottom half; and Grookey being more interested in what’s going on behind Goh (hopefully looking at Ash) is a hint that Grookey is not interested in him. I have a clown nose set aside just in case.

Referring to the scan: I want to be optimistic and say Ash is in the top half of the picture (the one Grookey is smiling in). He might be wearing his pajamas; and Goh is obviously at the bottom half; and Grookey being more interested in what’s going on behind Goh (hopefully looking at Ash) is a hint that Grookey is not interested in him. I have a clown nose set aside just in case.
Thank You!!!!!

Grookey does not matter. But I will be angry with the writers if they give the Toxicity to Goh.

Toxicty should be given to Ash.

Haha ash isnt getting anything. The usual 6 mons will b the last team. But theres a possibility that dracovish will b replaced as i felt that it was forcefully given just to make sure the crowd doesnt freak out with the constant capture of goh.

But grookey i wanted it to b ash but i am sure its going to goh(the 1st image shows goh with his bedtime dress holding grookey)

So i hope he gets rookidee and not corviknight or corvisquire

I don't want a rehash of the old 'Lost/Abandoned Starter' plot....
For once, make said Starter and its trainer reconcile/reconect and try again being together.

But if the writers want to add it to the Main Cast, well Gou is there.
Yes, I think Eleson/Strinder is a much more appealing option for Satoshi.
The latter more, another baby after how they rushed Riolu, no thanks.

Someone on Serebii proposed an idea

What if Team Rocket is Grookey's Trainer?

What if Grookey is one of the pokemon from the gatcha machine which apparently goes haywire in a couple of episodes and it escapes?

I mean they have had some weird choices in there, like a bellsprout, and don't even get me started on the wailord that only had splash.

That might also explain why Grookey seems so happy despite being "lost" from it's Trainer

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom