• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN059: The Lost Sarunori! Who is the Trainer!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It really is such a shame, that this entire series is completely based off of marketing.

I mean this isn't new. Every series is like that. Ash's teams are always based on marketing since it is a merchandise drive show.

I personally don't see Grookey going to Goh as such a big deal.
Eh I can't exactly blame them. I felt the same kind of Heartbreak when Goh caught Sobble at first so I understand where these Grookey fans are coming from. Give it time. They'll move on (hopefully)

So will they advertise a Game that is non-existent (Pokemon Gun)?
Inteleon and Galarian Slowbro already got you covered lol

And I said that all three of the Galar Starters fit Satoshi because I feel each of them could represent a certain part of his personality. Scorbunny could represent his energy and the blast burn in him, Sobble could resemble the growth in Satoshi while Grookey could represent the comedy/mischevious aspect of Satoshi. Man, the amount of potential a Sword & Shield & Gun Anime would have had.

1614186883855.png

And I said that all three of the Galar Starters fit Satoshi because I feel each of them could represent a certain part of his persoanlity. Scorbunny could represent his energy and the blast burn in him, Sobble could resemble the growth in Satoshi while Grookey could represent the comedy/mischevious aspect of Satoshi. Man, the amount of potential a Sword & Shield Anime would have been.
Maybe I should write a SwSh anime. Ash would get Grookey and Scorbunny.

And I said that all three of the Galar Starters fit Satoshi because I feel each of them could represent a certain part of his personality. Scorbunny could represent his energy and the blast burn in him, Sobble could resemble the growth in Satoshi while Grookey could represent the comedy/mischevious aspect of Satoshi. Man, the amount of potential a Sword & Shield & Gun Anime would have had.

View attachment 140168
Lmao guns are cool

To throw in my two cents, if Grookey is going to Goh, then I do find that disappointing. Not because I dislike Goh or how his other Galar starters have been handled. I love Goh, I was generally fine with how Cinderace has been handled and I'm fine with Sobble too, at least from what I've seen up to this point. I'm just disappointed over Ash not getting any Galar starters and especially my favorite one. I really like Grookey and I think that would fit with Ash nicely. Giving Goh all of the fully evolved Galar starters also seems like a bit much for someone who isn't into battling. I know that Goh is learning to battle more, but it would have made sense to give Ash at least one of the Galar starters if their plan is to showcase all of their Gigatamax forms, especially when they wouldn't necessarily need to have a lot of time to give Ash a fully evolved starter. They certainly didn't need a lot of time to give Goh Cinderace, so they wouldn't need to devote a lot of time to give Ash a Rillaboom either.

Maybe this wouldn't bother me as much if Ash's team did feature more Galar Pokemon and/or there were more Galar Pokemon in the main cast, but that isn't the case. This is the problem with the world tour gimmick since the newest region and its Pokemon don't really get as much attention. They spend more time in Galar than every other non-Kanto region, but it still feels pretty minimal. As cool as it is for Ash to have different kinds of Pokemon than just the usual ones he gets in each new region, it's also just disappointing that they haven't really found a balance between the long time popular/marketable Pokemon and showcasing new ones. The fact that Ash only has two Galar Pokemon up to this point is just disappointing in itself. If you don't like the new Galar Pokemon or you prefer Ash having different Pokemon for the shake of being different, then this probably won't bother you. For people like me who do want more Galar Pokemon within the main cast, it is just sad.

I will say that Goh getting Sobble worked when I saw its capture episode, so the same could happen if he does end up with Grookey. Part of the problem is also just how bad the marketing has been for his series since teasing Grookey for so long to not have a clear answer until possibly this point doesn't help matters either. That was a huge reason why there was such backlash for Goh getting Sobble too.

I already answered that anticipated response in my post, you should read.

Yeah, I saw it. But some of the stuff you are putting out isn't exactly new to Journeys. Riolu's evolution timeline was not that different from Rockruff's. Scorbunny's was quick no doubt, but then it spent nearly 30 episodes in it's second stage, so I would say it made up for the quick evolution. Gengar and Dragonite are definitely there for marketing purposes and it feel like the writers just slapped those two on, so yeah I agree with you there. But Farfetch'd is in the middle of it's arc, Sobble just started one, and we will see about Grookey. So I would say they are given them some development.

Riolu's evolution timeline was not that different from Rockruff's.
Rockruff got proper development
Scorbunny's was quick no doubt, but then it spent nearly 30 episodes in it's second stage, so I would say it made up for the quick evolution.
Froakie spent 50 episodes as a Froakie. Same goes with Litten. And Froakie spent 50 episodes as a Frogadier. And Litten spent 90 episodes as a Torracat.
Chimchar spent 120 episodes as a Chimchar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom