• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN059: The Lost Sarunori! Who is the Trainer!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, time to put on my clown wig, because I have a theory I need to let out. When the new opening premiered, I noticed that in that particular scene where Grookey startled Sobble, Pikachu hit Grookey with the “calm down, calm down” hand motion. I thought, “hmm, if Ash catches Grookey, will Pikachu take on the brotherly role, protecting Grookey and trying to keep it in check whenever it gets a little too hyper or mischievous?” Now, having seen the preview and seeing Grookey somewhat attached to Pikachu (as well as the artwork we got of Pikachu and Grookey putting Ash’s puzzle-face together), I have a sliver of hope. The only counter argument I can think of is Pikachu can still have that brotherly bond with Grookey even while under Goh’s ownership, pretty much like he did with Togepi.

The scans and summary are more Goh-leaning, but the preview is more balanced, so that gives me some hope as well; and if it’s true that none of Goh’s Pokémon will be around, then that gives Ash a chance to step in and protect Grookey from TRio; thus not exactly ruling him out as someone Grookey can show interest in.

As far as Grookey having a trainer, I kinda hope it does turn out to be a gatcha Pokémon, so that the transition from TRio to joining Ash or Goh makes a little more sense. If it belongs to a COTD, I don’t see that trainer just giving it away, especially so easily.

Last edited:
Okay, time to put on my clown wig, because I have a theory I need to let out. When the new opening premiered, I noticed that in that particular scene where Grookey startled Sobble, Pikachu hit Grookey with the “calm down, calm down” hand motion. I thought, “hmm, if Ash catches Grookey, will Pikachu take on the brotherly role, protecting Grookey and trying to keep it in check whenever it gets a little too hyper or mischievous?” Now, having seen the preview and seeing Grookey somewhat attached to Pikachu (as well as the artwork we got of Pikachu and Grookey putting Ash’s puzzle-face together), I have a sliver of hope. The only counter argument I can think of is Pikachu can still have that brotherly bond with Grookey even while under Goh’s ownership, pretty much like he did with Togepi.

The scans and summary are more Goh-leaning, but the preview is more balanced, so that gives me some hope as well; and if it’s true that none of Goh’s Pokémon will be around, then that gives Ash a chance to step in and protect Grookey from TRio; thus not exactly ruling him as someone Grookey can show interest in.

As far as Grookey having a trainer, I kinda hope it does turn out to be a gatcha Pokémon, so that the transition from TRio to joining Ash or Goh makes a little more sense. If it belongs to a COTD, I don’t see that trainer just giving it away, especially so easily.
bf0459fc4fc68524d407ca008e01c8e5.gif

Yeah. The only hope left for Ash getting Grookey is that the cast list does not include a single Pokemon owned by Goh. But I still think that Goh will get it anyways.

So, given that this Grookey is already owned, is it not possible that this is a similar situation to Gible back in Sinnoh where this one is its premier but another one down the line is the one caught?

How will Goh save Grookey from TR without Pokemon? I think Ash might defeat them and then Grookey impressed and will slash Goh’s face. Please let Ash catch it. My monkey son needs some love.

I find it weird that people want the Japanese Writers somehow to remember every single thing America considers as racist (there is a lot). People aren't even this diplomatic in Nordic Countries lol.

Today marks the day Every Final Stage Starter has made their Debut in the Anime.

My Sons! I Love Them! :bulbaLove::bulbaLove::bulbaLove:
(Yes I know that last one technically isn't Rillaboom, but still)

IMG_20210305_101920-1.jpg
IMG_20210305_103010.jpg
IMG_20210305_101916.jpg

Last edited:
What do you mean by that?
Rillaboom is a huge Pokemon. Takes up a lot of space in each scene. It isn't a humanoid or metroid Pokemon say as the other Galar Final Evolutions such as Cinderace & Inteleon. There is a reason why Axew never fully evolved into Haxorous in Best Wishes. Iwane Masaaki said on his blog that Axew never fully evolved as Haxorous because Haxorous would be hard to animate every single week. This is also why Ash's Boldore never evolved into Gigalith and why Torracat evolved into Incineroar only at the end of Sun & Moon. Because its hard to draw the Pokemon every single week. I also suspect it is why Guzma & Golisopod made their debut very late. Golisopod is also a hard Pokemon to animate.

So.....
They've already admited that they're lazy/stingy.....

This Series seriously needs something to salvage itself. Even Twitter is becoming angry at this Series now on this controversy. It's going to be a very dangerous time in the fandom if this escalates. We are looking at another BW 2.0. I really really really hope the Gary & Iris Episodes are received well for the sake of everyone's well-being.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom