• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN059: The Lost Sarunori! Who is the Trainer!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rillaboom is a huge Pokemon. Takes up a lot of space in each scene. It isn't a humanoid or metroid Pokemon say as the other Galar Final Evolutions such as Cinderace & Inteleon. There is a reason why Axew never fully evolved into Haxorous in Best Wishes. Iwane Masaaki said on his blog that Axew never fully evolved as Haxorous because Haxorous would be hard to animate every single week. This is also why Ash's Boldore never evolved into Gigalith and why Torracat evolved into Incineroar only at the end of Sun & Moon. Because its hard to draw the Pokemon every single week. I also suspect it is why Guzma & Golisopod made their debut very late. Golisopod is also a hard Pokemon to animate.
Rillaboom does not need to show up every ep. Just stay in his ball. and not wanting to aniate sounds kinda lazy.

Rillaboom does not need to show up every ep. Just stay in his ball. and not wanting to aniate sounds kinda lazy.
I know, I was just quoting whatever Iwane said. Only the Staff knows was what they are doing.

It is similar to how Mikio Ikemoto (Illustrator for Boruto) said that Boruto will have shorter hair when the Boruto Timeskip happens because his current hairstyle is hard to draw.

Drawing Rillaboom is a lot easier even if it is weekly in comparison to choreographing and animating a fight for Dracovish.

I honestly feel bad for the animation department if that battle actually occurs.

Tbh I also draw **** and I think Rillaboom is pretty simple to draw.
Yeah, but keep in mind drawing a still picture is not the same thing as hand-drawn animation. As an artist myself, I don't doubt large/complicated Pokémon are harder to wrok with than the simpler ones. I personally don't think Rillaboom is that complex of a design tbh, but I can totally see how Haxorus would fit the category.

Yeah, but keep in mind drawing a still picture is not the same thing as hand-drawn animation. As an artist myself, I don't doubt large/complicated Pokémon are harder to wrok with than the simpler ones. I personally don't think Rillaboom is that complex of a design tbh, but I can totally see how Haxorus would fit the category.
But still tbh I think Inteleon is more complex.

Don’t worry. I won’t let you be delusional alone. We still have a fighting chance :bulbaLove:
Count me in lol. We shall go down shooting together :bulbaLove: :LOL::LOL:

But still tbh I think Inteleon is more complex.
What makes Inteleon more complicated is cuz it has some pretty long and thin attributes.

What makes Inteleon more complicated is cuz it has some pretty long and thin attributes.
It has more Details unlike Rillabooom who is a simple gorrila.
Count me in lol. We shall go down shooting together :bulbaLove: :LOL::LOL:
YESSSS!!!!

*no hope left for ash and grookey. goh is about to catch grookey*
Grookey:
FlamboyantAlienatedAmphibian-max-14mb.gif

Rillaboom is a huge Pokemon. Takes up a lot of space in each scene. It isn't a humanoid or metroid Pokemon say as the other Galar Final Evolutions such as Cinderace & Inteleon. There is a reason why Axew never fully evolved into Haxorous in Best Wishes. Iwane Masaaki said on his blog that Axew never fully evolved as Haxorous because Haxorous would be hard to animate every single week. This is also why Ash's Boldore never evolved into Gigalith and why Torracat evolved into Incineroar only at the end of Sun & Moon. Because its hard to draw the Pokemon every single week. I also suspect it is why Guzma & Golisopod made their debut very late. Golisopod is also a hard Pokemon to animate.
That seems like a really lazy excuse. I mean, nowhere is it said that a Pokémon has to appear every week so that doesn’t really hold any water. Even in the case of Axew being Iris’ partner, Haxorous could easily be kept in its pokeball when not in use as large Pokémon typically are. Sounds more like they just wanted to be lazy.

...I can't even imagine a scenario where he'd want to do that...
Kabuki theater and Geishas? Just joking.

Take it from a Japanese-American, but I don't see the issue with this episode. Gou's skin color is actually pastier than mine. Maybe it's probably because my parents are just that dark. I really don't see the racist connection people on Twitter have decided to pull.

If anything I think Braxien, Froadiger, Greninja, Tsareena, Lycanroc, and Turtornator all have more complex designs than any of the Galar Starters and yet they all still showed up outside their Pokeballs quite frequently

So I don't think Inteleon or Rillaboom will be much of a problem
They are just finding lame excuses.

If anything I think Braxien, Froadiger, Greninja, Tsareena, Lycanroc, and Turtornator all have more complex designs than any of the Galar Starters and yet they all still showed up outside their Pokeballs quite frequently

So I don't think Inteleon or Rillaboom will be much of a problem
Gosh, Turtonator must have been the worst of them all to animate. I sure as hell wouldn't want to animate that.

I mean unless I'm being paid :X3:

Last edited:
I remember artists complaining about that characters with details such as polkadots or round spots to be hard to animate, or even draw constantly.

That's why Ladybug went from an anime-style show to a 3D cartoon for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom