• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN059: The Lost Sarunori! Who is the Trainer!?

The real thing I want to know is why does Sobble keep hiding in the most bizarre places? Maybe it’s cause Cinderace has went missing, and Sobble is scared without its big bro.
DB81CA27-D6FB-41FA-A4BA-9140CDFA8DEB.png

At least an old (anime) rule is shown again. If a pokéball breaks, the Pokémon is released.

Still... In some way it feels like theft. At least it was Grookey who broke the pokéball and he wanted to leave TR and joined Goh out of free will. The ballance it out a little so it's not fully a theft.
Pokemon are fully sentient creatures with their own wants and needs. It chose Goh, so nothing was stolen. Heck, considering it was a Gacha 'mon, it was more likely TR stole it from wherever it came from.

Honestly, I can’t be hopeful of that. This is a series that would have been perfect for giving Ash more than a 6 Pokémon team but they seem to show no signs him changing up his team. It really feels like the writers are prepared to basically have Ash’s team stagnate from here on out while giving everything to Go.
Oh, don't get me wrong. I don't think it's likely at all (at least when it comes to the Galar starters), I'm just saying it's not all set in stone yet.

I just honestly don’t get the writers’ thought process with the starters this series. What made them think that after almost 25 years of getting to see the starters shown off and getting to do interesting things that it would be satisfying to see the starters relegated to shouldermon who just sit there on the sidelines not really doing anything at all?

Another weak another disappointment (personal)

I just honestly don’t get the writers’ thought process with the starters this series. What made them think that after almost 25 years of getting to see the starters shown off and getting to do interesting things that it would be satisfying to see the starters relegated to shouldermon who just sit there on the sidelines not really doing anything at all?

Who said they are thinking or maybe they believe that they must break every norm in one series instead of maybe multiple series.

The only thing I want to know is how the Japanese fandom has reacted I am guessing they are fine with it

Pokemon are fully sentient creatures with their own wants and needs. It chose Goh, so nothing was stolen. Heck, considering it was a Gacha 'mon, it was more likely TR stole it from wherever it came from.
That's what I meant with Grookey himself breaking the TR pokéball and chosing to go with Goh. ;)

I don't know if all Gatcha mon are stolen. Maybe some are, but TR members are seen to accept/catch wild pokémon for the organisation. (And yes, of course they are also seen stealing Pokémon from trainers in the past.)

I hope it is was a wild Grookey before ending up in the Gatcha machine, or otherwise there still is a trainer out there with a missing Grookey. I don't think Grookey mentionned a former trainer when Meowth translated what it said. (Or maybe it doesn't care and it likes Goh more.)

I wonder if TRio and/or Pellipur will get in trouble with the organisation because of this. (The status of the Gatcha Wailord is also questionable.) Or if TRio will call Grookey a traitor in the future. A grutch would be nice. :p

I would have liked it more if it used Brutal Swing on both balls and a 3'rd ball came out of nowhere and caught it and the ball was Ash's.

Another weak another disappointment (personal)

Who said they are thinking or maybe they believe that they must break every norm in one series instead of maybe multiple series.

The only thing I want to know is how the Japanese fandom has reacted I am guessing they are fine with it
I just checked Twitter (in the official Anipoke account) and through the tag, and the japanese fandom doesn't seems too happy about it.

Y'all some of them are calling Goh a thief LMAO :lapras:

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom