• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN059: The Lost Sarunori! Who is the Trainer!?

I just checked Twitter (in the official Anipoke account) and through the tag, and the japanese fandom doesn't seems too happy about it.

Y'all some of them are calling Goh a thief LMAO :lapras:
Personally speaking, the entire premise just feels contrived as hell. Firstly that Go just so happens to have a dream about Grookey only to wake up with it right there. Then the fact that it was already owned but it just so happens that it’s a gachamon so the prospect of it being owned doesn’t even matter in the end since it’s not owned by an actual trainer but in confinement so there’s no actual need to worry about returning it to its owner. It just feels like another case of a capture just being handed to Go on a silver platter, something that has gotten seriously annoying.
I never understand why people bring up the Japanese folks. They’re like us, I’d imagine.
Because the Japanese being the original target audience, their reactions would be thought to be gauged more important vs the international audience.

Because the Japanese being the original target audience, their reactions would be thought to be gauged more important vs the international audience.
Yeah, I know that. I was saying that Id imagine their reactions are alike to ours, since they’re fans of the anime, so seeing a post on Twitter about it isn’t exactly news worthy.

I’m just so tired of complaining about this series. Ash and his team aren’t interesting, the episodic nature of this show sucks, I hate goh and his goal, and I’m tired waiting for a good battle. So after the Farfetch’d and episode I’m leaving the Pokémon anime for good. I don’t care who they bring back or if ash beats Leon I’m done with this series and I refuse to keep suffering anymore. So after the Farfetch’d episode, I’m ending my series run of Pokémon for good.

Yeah, I know that. I was saying that Id imagine their reactions are alike to ours, since they’re fans of the anime, so seeing a post on Twitter about it isn’t exactly news worthy.

Er no, there is a genuine tendency for a different reaction between Western and Eastern Fans. 'Germans Love David Hasselhoff' and 'Americans Hate Tingle' n all.

When fans react the same across ocean lines.....

The only thing I think the anime will NEVER break is giving Ash another electric-type other than Pikachu, only cause it would take the attention away from their mascot.
And the thing is like:

- If he gets an electric type and it turns out to be better than Pikachu, Pika will get overshadowed and they sure as HELL don't want that.
- If he gets an electric type and it turns out to be just as strong or even worse than Pikachu, then what's the point?

And the thing is like:

- If he gets an electric type and it turns out to be better than Pikachu, Pika will get overshadowed and they sure as HELL don't want that.
- If he gets an electric type and it turns out to be just as strong or even worse than Pikachu, then what's the point?
Also let's face it. With the many years of experience Pikachu has had, anyone else is gonna have a hell of a time living up to him.

*unless it was a mon that is so busted that nothing would be a challenge for the both of them anymore :LOL:*

The only thing I think the anime will NEVER break is giving Ash another electric-type other than Pikachu, only cause it would take the attention away from their mascot.
And the thing is like:

Also let's face it. With the many years of experience Pikachu has had, anyone else is gonna have a hell of a time living up to him.

*unless it was a mon that is so busted that nothing would be a challenge for the both of them anymore :LOL:*
It could be a Pokémon whose main focus is on some other type and Electric is just secondary.

Er no, there is a genuine tendency for a different reaction between Western and Eastern Fans. 'Germans Love David Hasselhoff' and 'Americans Hate Tingle' n all.

When fans react the same across ocean lines.....
Well, of course there’s going to be differences, but we’re all Pokemon fans, and Id imagine that we all have the best wishes of the anime.
Bringing up two completely different preferences, a video-game that I, as a British person, don’t care for, and an actor I barely watch, makes no sense - were Pokemon fans, Anime fans. We’re going to react alike as it’s our preference that we share. We share the same feelings as we’ve been watching the anime for years.
I know they try to appease their own national audience first, as that’s the main attraction. But it’s pointless bringing up their reactions since were all watching the same thing, and as people constantly watching these shows, there wouldn’t be much to show for it.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom