• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN060: Aim to Be a Scallion Master! Charge with Chivalry!!

i genuinely tried to enjoy this episode, lots of stuff like Farfetch'd becoming Sirfetch'd even before evolution and the lead up to actually evolving was good. but there are other things like the build-up and content within the episode that drags it down.

- lot of wasted time with Bellsprout.
- poor animation for a main battle episode.
- weak and unbelievable rivalry without much setup compared to Bea, don't seem like Rinto will appear more.
- a lazy writing decision of an off-screen rank climb of 108 plus another rank climb by 89 upon win.
- rushed evolution with just 3 episodes in focus after which it'll prolly be sidelined like Lucario.
- funny how Sobble ain't important enough to appear here despite an evolution for it being around the corner.

Grookey was a good boy, and that's good.

Battle had meh choreography, but there were some nice shots here and there. I can't say anymore until I see subs, tho.

Ash is having a way too easy time battling in the World Coronation Series, we're barely seeing him train or battle

What is this, the Kalos league lol
Eh, tbh, I never expected anything too challenging to happen before Ash got to the top 100, so I don't really mind him climbing off screen until then.

Great episode to finally seeing getting paid back after the exhausting fight from the guy. It will be more excitement if the bald guy from past Sunday second preview don't spoil about Farfetch'd evolve in this episode.

Nonetheless, Ash is very near to rank 100 now.

Overall rating: B+

First of all, the jump is literally one battle, so while I expect it, I hope I don't see a trend of everyone harping on it. That out of the way, not the best animation for a battle, but I liked the idea a great bit, however (and this surprised me to think to have issue with)...the trainers (though also Gou) somehow...played too big of a role here (Ash basically creating Sirfetch'd was great though). And yes, Pikachu Express was cute.

Every second spent with Goh catching Bellsprout - I knew people were going to be furious, so for the record – I’m glad we got to see a little Grookey personality and focus straight away after it was caught. It’s good stuff!

I enjoyed the battle, it was a great debut for Sirfetch’d (too bad we’ll barely see it from now on) seeing Ash inspire his Pokémon and haven’t use the broken leak like a shield is exactly the kind of Ash I know and love!

i’m sure many will agree, that Ash’s time in the Super Rank has been a weird one - too many off screen rank ups and there was that time we saw him go down to the normal rank for no reason. As always - love the episodes, hate the series.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom