• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN060: Aim to Be a Scallion Master! Charge with Chivalry!!

Finally watched it with subs.

Well first thing is that at least I know I am watching pokemon, last week's episode was just not pokemon avoided talking about it for a week because well that was not pokemon (end of discussion for me)

Sirfetch'd is awesome especially the water at the end, also pokemon JN officially has its own in universe white knight.

The battle was a bit underwhelming at times.

Ash finally being Ash with the leek shield thing.

The Goh giving Ash advice thing was just weird, the guy doesn't even battle but that is just me nitpicking.

The Bellsprout catch was not necessary, it would have worked better in a different episode, I personally think that placing it in the episode where some people were sitting on the edge of their seat to see an evolution really didn't do it any favours.

The Grookey on Pikachu's back thing was just plain nasty:cry:

On a positive note the Scizor training battle was nice from the standpoint that it enjoys battles while Goh doesn't but Goh still did it for him (me reading too much into things)

I feel like it’s pretty clear at this point that there are always going to be ones he interacts with first and ones he doesn’t. I personally don’t really mind either way since most of his catches don’t play particularly prominent roles later on anyway.
So if he clobbers a pokemon with a ball and instantly catches it, it's a non-entity, whereas the ones he actually has to try or bonds with tend to appear more often

When was the last time he did anything with cubone again?

So if he clobbers a pokemon with a ball and instantly catches it, it's a non-entity, whereas the ones he actually has to try or bonds with tend to appear more often

When was the last time he did anything with cubone again?
That’s...not at all what I said. I said simply that I don’t mind when he catches Pokémon without any kind of additional overhead sometimes because they tend to not play prominent roles later on anyway. There are a few exceptions to this which is why I said ‘most’.

The issue is that that capture felt out of place.
It was a random thing that didn't have anything to do with the plot of the episode.
They could've put it in another episode, better if it's one focusing on Gou, and it'd have worked the same.

I'm still calling it Kamon, matter of habit.

This is cool and all. But i just hate how journeys separate the pokemon. When’s the last time we even saw dragonite, gengar, or even lucario? I feel like what i really missed most about kalos was that ash would have group pep talks with his pokemon all together to make it feel like a team. It just feels like single pokemon that barely interact with each other. Also, why cram in a catch for goh. I don’t get it. Journeys had so much potential to be good. But I think it’s by far the worst series we’ve gotten. The ash we have is the not same ash from kalos or even unova. It’s also like 3v3 are non existent now let alone 6v6. I can’t with this series anymore. I’ve become more and more disinterested now and this is the first time I might actually part from the series.

It was also kinda funny that it seemed Ash knew that Galarfetch'd could evolve, while Goh didn't.
Pretty sure Ash just invented its evolution method which will now be spread over the world due to research papers about it being published

Hence why we've never seen one in the anime before this point

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom