• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN061: Leave Everything to Us! Prasle Minun Handymen!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
its direct predecessor was full of life and soul

wonder what changed in the span of SM146 and JN001
Corporate selling out the likes of which we rarely witness in such serialized series followed by a slew of ideas that clearly had no real outline to them. At least that’s what I’d imagine happened. Really the only thing that improved was the art style so that’s a plus I guess.

I’m not sure if that’s just an issue of me not reading every post through (even though I’m active and tried to read through every preview/review thread) but JN has decidedly more frequency of celebrity VAs... I won’t pass that off as fact and it may be possible that it’s just the same and there’s some confirmation bias. But I have a feeling it’s more in JN. I won’t be using that as an argument anywhere though so I won’t take up the effort to look it up (as if college deadlines ain’t enough work for this lad...).

We had the singer of the first opening voice acting on pretty every episode since the beginning. Guess they've been selling out for almost 25 years :unsure:

Seriously, tho. Having the performers of the current OP as voice cameos for ONE episode is the most unimpressive thing ever. Especially when it's just 2 people coming from a 40+ member group.

Which begs the question of why is JN considered a “corporate sellout” for having celebrity VAs while Sun and Moon was not?
Maybe I should re-phrase my comment. There’s no problem with this aspect of celebrities coming to VA characters, and as seen from others on this forum, this has been the case before, and I’d assume so for a lot of other shows.
So far, and the key words are “so far”, and this is just a stretch, but I feel as though this series has been a corporate sell-out from the fact there seems to be no direction. The fact there’s room to put more of the series’ budget towards this kind of stuff, as opposed to actual interesting stuff/story, where S&M made up for this, is the reason JN feels this way. At least that’s what I think, and hopefully this isn’t the case in a year or so when the series ends.

Maybe I should re-phrase my comment. There’s no problem with this aspect of celebrities coming to VA characters, and as seen from others on this forum, this has been the case before, and I’d assume so for a lot of other shows.
So far, and the key words are “so far”, and this is just a stretch, but I feel as though this series has been a corporate sell-out from the fact there seems to be no direction. The fact there’s room to put more of the series’ budget towards this kind of stuff, as opposed to actual interesting stuff/story, where S&M made up for this, is the reason JN feels this way. At least that’s what I think, and hopefully this isn’t the case in a year or so when the series ends.
The lack of focus in this series is an absolutely valid criticism but it doesn't make the people making it corporate sellouts, or at least not more than in previous series.

when speaking of budgets, lets not also forget the poor animation quality

only Iwane has stood out and been decent and even he's not up to the mark compared to his own past work

and SM itself had some really fluid animation that would have worked well when paired with JN artstyle

That's mostly because the SM style lends itself exceptionally well for animation.
SM was also able to bring in talent every few episodes, which Journeys hasn't been able to do for some reason. Every few episodes of SM had at least one scene of high quality animation.

Last edited:
SM was also able to bring in talent every few episodes, which Journeys hasn't been able to ro for some reason. Every few episodes of SM had at least one scene of high quality animation.
No. mainly in the Alola League. The battle of the final between Gladion and Ash was very poorly animated (Silvally vs Pikachu omg)

No. mainly in the Alola League. The battle of the final between Gladion and Ash was very poorly animated (Silvally vs Pikachu omg)
Like I said, every few episodes. The episodes that didn't have those animators weren't that special. Due to the length of the Alola league, not every episode was able to have good animation.

Like I said, every few episodes. The episodes that didn't have those animators weren't that special. Due to the length of the Alola league, not every episode was able to have good animation.
Oh, i see

The Sakuragi Institute has to pay for those flights to other regions somehow.
This also made me remember that I have an headcanon that traveling in the Pokéverse must be pretty cheap. I mean, travelling around in a region is seen as extremely common. I think plane tickets and the such are probably not that expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom