• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN061: Leave Everything to Us! Prasle Minun Handymen!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Summary and VA List courtesy of Dephender from Serebii.net

Erika Ikuta and Sayuri Matsumura from Nogizaka46 appear as voice actors! Mulpli, Satoshi and Go confront the Rocket Gang together as they are trying to steal Kentauros! Everyone cheer! Plu-Plu! Mi-Mi!

Summary:
One day the Plusle and Minun Handymen are asked to look after a group of Kentauros by a Kentauros enthusiast. But the Rocket Gang learn about this and plot to steal the Kentauros...
What is the courageous act Mulpli, Satoshi and Go perform to save all the Kentauros?!
The Karaage Sisters (Erika Ikuta and Sayuri Matsumura from Nogizaka46), who you all know from the opening theme, will appear in this episode as the voice actors of Plusle and Minun!

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Yuichi Nakamura: Professor Sakuragi
Tatsumaru Tachibana: Divi
Yui Ishikawa: Mulpli
Sayuri Matsumura: Plusle
Erika Ikuta: Minun

Note: For some odd reason the VA List is incomplete

If this enthusiast does not have more than 30 Tauros, than this person really has no right to call himself an enthusiast in front of Ash.

Also, what are the chances of Ash mentioning his own Tauros? Pokemon SM had Ash mention his own Tauros in the very first episode when he saw the Tauros at the Pokemon School, so him not mentioning them at all here would be disappointing.

Found this on Serebii courtesy of Dephender
Ex8Oq_zU8AMF-Jx

Promo art for the episode. The official twitter account is holding a lottery where you can win autographed copies.

One day the Plusle and Minun Handymen are asked to look after a group of Kentauros by a Kentauros enthusiast. But the Rocket Gang learn about this and plot to steal the Kentauros...
What is the courageous act Mulpli, Satoshi and Go perform to save all the Kentauros?!
... okay, can’t say I was expecting that plot.

Someone should call Mewtwo over, he has plenty of experience tossing Tauros herds around.

Found this on Serebii courtesy of Dephender
Ex8Oq_zU8AMF-Jx

Promo art for the episode. The official twitter account is holding a lottery where you can win autographed copies.

Oh yay, more random celebrity cameos just to voice Pokemon... -_-

Uh, you know you have more important things that money should be going to, right OLM?

I seriously cannot tell if this series is just one massive, corporate sell-out at this point. Celebrity cameos/voice-acting, massive emphasis on shoe-horning legendaries and evolutions (looking at you Cinderace & Lucario) to fill plots, with teams composed of fan-favourite Pokemon, and utilising nostalgia for attention through bringing in older characters, all with little connection and direction for a story...what is happening?

I seriously cannot tell if this series is just one massive, corporate sell-out at this point. Celebrity cameos/voice-acting, massive emphasis on shoe-horning legendaries and evolutions (looking at you Cinderace & Lucario) to fill plots, with teams composed of fan-favourite Pokemon, and utilising nostalgia for attention through bringing in older characters, all with little connection and direction for a story...what is happening?
its direct predecessor was full of life and soul

wonder what changed in the span of SM146 and JN001

ESPECIALLY when you consider the fact that Sun and Moon's main theme was family and friendship...which like...now its suddenly money???
Money isn’t really a theme in the show itself, though? Just, apparently, its production. Which has always been the case, tbf.

Money isn’t really a theme in the show itself, though? Just, apparently, its production. Which has always been the case, tbf.

My bad, sorry. I mean that Journeys just feels so much more focused on marketing than any other shows. Yes, the series has always been solely for marketing, but at least each series was written in a way where it was hard to tell at times(sometimes) and Sun and Moon happened to cover up their marketing by implementing strong themes of friendship and family in the show. Journeys, however, has the theme of...well, it does have the same themes as previous anime, but it isn't as prominent...?

I'm gonna be honest I think this one sounds like it might be kind of fun. Not an important episode but I can think of more boring sounding fillers.

To be honest "The Quest For More Money" has been so blatantly the overarching reason behind every decision for so long it's hard for me to put much stock in the show's intended themes which all ultimately get discarded for money every time.
I understand money is ultimately what the top level people are after in every show, but it's always felt particularly blatant in Pokémon since AG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom