• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN061: Leave Everything to Us! Prasle Minun Handymen!!

Hum. I didn't even knew the ep was out lol.

-Ye, it's a filler. Kinda cute and funny at some moments, but super boring...

-It's also funny how they hyped these celebrities, and they didn't even did anything lol.

-They could've easily mentioned Ash's Tauros and they... didn't?

This may also be biased since I really don't have the patience for fillers, but instead of episodes where we developt Ash's team and other characters, we get stuff like this? Ugh.

4/10

Anyone else dumbfounded when a character somewhat resembling an adult actually prevented kids from risking their lives for once?

Also the fact Ash recognized Team Rocket even in disguise was a shock

Now if only they could keep that trend going forward...

I think it’s the fact that...

1) Episode got leaked, and showed the preview images for Drizzile, making everyone talk about that instead...
2) Random two week break, making people unaware it was even released
3) Filler, with nothing of notable interest, aside from TR moments

You have to laugh, hahaha. I have never seen so many people not care about an episode before.

You know, this episode was actually really good for a filler. Charming CoTDs (as in proper Journeys fashion), adorable feature Pokémon (yes, I love Plusle and Minun; what’s it to ya?), great portrayal of Team Rocket, Ash and Goh get equal focus, and it was all around fun. The only thing I didn’t like was the prevalence of Tauros (not that I hate Tauros, but come on; can’t we have some variety?), but this one was solid.

...too bad, as the previous poster said, no one else seems to care. Thus continues the trend of Journeys somehow losing even if it does well. See, this is part of why I don’t pay that much attention when it comes to the fandom’s opinions on this series.

As someone who absolutely hates Journeys, I actually really enjoyed this episode. It avoids half of the problems Journeys usually falls into. First, we actually got a consistent plot with a climax instead of "catch x Pokemon" or "visit x event". Everyone on the cast interacted and contributed to the episode in some way. It was tiring having Raboot/Cinderace and Sobble sitting on the sidelines lazing around so I'm glad Grookey isn't getting that treatment. Team Rocket was wonderful here. They were actual characters and didn't just exist to get blasted off. The best part of this episode for me was how Ash wasn't needlessly dumbed down more than usual like every other Journeys episode and even grew suspicious of TRio's disguises. Goh didn't get any sort of spotlight and both boys were treated equally which is another big plus. Overall, this was really enjoyable for me.

Unfortunately it did have it's faults such as the lack of Pokemon that aren't named Tauros and still having the rest of Journeys' usual problems, and of course being filler.

You have to laugh, hahaha. I have never seen so many people not care about an episode before.
I think it's because
1) People who dislike Journeys might not even bother watching filler anymore (I know a few people who skipped this episode)
2) People who like Journeys just see this as an average filler episode
3) It's filler

Once again, a filler is saved thanks to the TRio.

This week's episode was a return to form being one of the rare true fillers where no progression was made, and it pretty much went about how you'd expect it to. The premise with Mulpli and Duvi was short but sweet, and having her slowly build up to improving throughout the episode was nice and flowed alright, though it was boring for most of the first half. Having Grookey consistently continue to contribute to these episodes in a meaningful way is definitely a step up from Cinderace and Sobble though and I hope this continues more throughout the series.

The TRio's portrayal here was also done very well here and I loved the tiny sprinkles of characterizations they had in some of the scenes like James being rebellious, Wobbuffet getting upset when Meowth didn't apologize, the two of them riding on the swings in the beginning, and the adorable hug at the end. It was great to see them provide a conflict in the episode not only by not relying on just Pelipper but also putting Mulpli into a scenario where she had a chance to further prove herself into the climax.

My few issues with this episode is that the pacing for some of it went slow at times, and the lack of variety in Pokemon. One of my main gripes with the fillers in this series is that it not only barely uses them as a way to flesh out underused characters in the series like Dragonite or Gengar but most of the time they don't even show up period, and having something like Gengar constantly messing with the pipes (as cliche as it sounds) would at least have been something.

OVERALL SCORE:
6/10

Pretty good episode. For some reason I remembered the summary stating that Divi and Mulpli were brothers so I was confused for the whole episode. The POTD's and COTD's were great though and really made the episode.

I wish they did more with the Tauros gag, but I still enjoyed it.

It would have also been nice to get a scene of Sobble here, or tension between Grookey and TR.

I'm glad that the Tauros' didn't just let TR off the hook when they caused the whole mess.

2. This was the first episode since who knows how long that Go hasn't caught any Pokemon...and what a welcome change that was!

He didn't catch anything in 58, 57, 56, or 54, and that's just in the 50's.

Full VA list courtesy of Adamant

Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Yuichi Nakamura: Professor Sakuragi
Megumi Hayashibara: Musashi
Shinichiro Miki: Kojiro
Inuko Inuyama: Nyarth
Yuji Ueda: Sonansu
Sayuri Matsumura: Plusle
Erika Ikuta: Minun
Hana Takeda: Sarunori
Tatsumaru Tachibana: Divi
Yui Ishikawa: Mulpli
Marina Aicholtz: Go's Smartphone Rotom
Kenyu Horiuchi: Narration

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom