• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN062: Damp Jimereon

People won't like it, but I do appreciate how Sobble evolving was due to what we got from 54, and then it's subsequent appearances hiding (and then this episode adding the water gun stuff). What I really like, is Drizzile reacting to evolving, it's not uncommon, but it's nice to see all the same, and ending, if I have it right, is Gou giving Drizzile time, which I also appreciate, especially thinking back to how Gou was regarding Raboot early.

An okay episode. In which Goh have the same past like what Drizzile is going to go through. Hope, Drizzile evolve into inteleon not far in the future.

Overall rating: C-

It wasn't a bad episode. We saw progression in Sobble/Drizzle's story. We learned a little more about Goh's past. And I feel like Goh grew a little. I hope it sticks.

Aceburn and Grookey were fun this episode, also in their interactions with Drizzle. It would have been nice if we saw them also learn to interact with Drizzle in a different way. I think they did, but it wasn't shown a lot.

And of course, I do like the fact we saw some of the Dome Pokémon interact. Too bad there wasn't a cameo of a Pokémon from Ash, or I missed it.

This episode highlights why Gou should've been portrayed as Anti Social to start with rather becoming a slightly smarter version of Ash.
His backstory feels more contrived now when you remember just how easily he opened to Ash without much issue

With that said, the rest of the episode was nice if uneventful.

Sobble's Evolution was weird as hell but I liked Drizzile enough that it didn't bother me too much.

Drizzile entering other Pokémon's caves was funny and I really love how the Writers are willing to use Drizzile for slapstick moments (something Sobble strangely never got) but ultimately they still kept him in a sympathetic light.
I got way more feels from that one Tear Drizzile shed than any of Sobble's crying scenes lol.

The moment where Drizzile wipes away Goh's Tear was very Touching (quite literally lol)

The ending implies that we won't see Drizzile very often (with the whole parallel to Metapod being in it's cacoon state) but I really hope that's not the case. I wanna see more of it. It seems like it bounces off of Cinderace and Grookey's personalities quite well

Also speaking of Cinderace, I liked it's small but cute moment with Drizzile. This is probably the first time it's been relevant in an episode since JN48 and I'm happy to see it again.
Also nice of Goh to callback to Raboot

I'll give it 7/10
IMG_20210416_080907.jpg

Last edited:
The moment where Drizzile wipes away Goh's Tear was very Touching (quite literally lol)
I haven't cared much for Sobble but this was still such a sweet moment.
Why yes, random TV reporter; Satoshi being a research fellow is literally the only thing noteworthy about him as a Trainer :confused:
In b4 that's the only thing he'll accomplish this series.

Why yes, random TV reporter; Satoshi being a research fellow is literally the only thing noteworthy about him as a Trainer :confused:
Poor Ash. Gets at least top 16 in every league he’s been in, won the Orange League, won the Battle Frontier, saved Kalos in such a public event that he got a medal for it, and is the first Alola champion and yet is still a virtual unknown. What’s it take to get a little notoriety in this world?

Aw. This is the side of Goh I’ve wanted to see, actually connecting to his Pokemon with his own and understanding their feelings.
Kind of disappointing it took this long to form his backstory into the plot, cause it can lead to some nice moments.

I liked that the issue wasn't necessarily completely solved yet. They're clearly not rushing it.

I fully expect Drizzile to not appear or be mentioned again until the episode it beats its depression, I’ll guess episode 76...

And that’s my problem with Journeys, it’s Farfetch’d all over again, Sobble hasn’t done anything between the Inteleon episode and this one! Could we have not seen it doing it’s spy training and showing off it’s new personality once in those in between episodes?

I hate that Journeys wants to pretend Goh and Drizzile have this close bond, but have we seen that? I Realise we are not going to get to know all his Pokémon, but at the very least we should be spending time with the Galar starters!

A better series would have had an episode about Sobble and evolvesat the end after a big act of heroism or something and then THIS would have been the episodes directly after (Like Chikorita to Bayleef, Poliwhirl to Politoed or Grovyle to Sceptile)

It was nice to see a lot of Goh’s Pokémon interacting but as always, Ash’s Pokémon have just disappeared (they couldn’t have shown Scizor and Sirfetch’d training?)

I can’t deal with Journeys anymore, episodes just happen randomly and it barely matters what order they are in.

This series makes me appreciate filler episodes in older series a lot more, it’s got me thinking I treated Best Wishes unfairly...

What? The episode itself? It was fine I guess...

I fully expect Drizzile to not appear or be mentioned again until the episode it beats its depression, I’ll guess episode 76...
As I tend to say: don't count your Torchic before they hatch.
I hate that Journeys wants to pretend Goh and Drizzile have this close bond, but have we seen that?
It's not pretended. Their bond is genuinely close.
I can’t deal with Journeys anymore, episodes just happen randomly and it barely matters what order they are in.
That's exaggerating.
This series makes me appreciate filler episodes in older series a lot more, it’s got me thinking I treated Best Wishes unfairly...
Black & White is miles below this series.

Huh. I have some mixed feelings.

Positive:

- Goh actually connecting with his Pokémon in an meaninful way that doesn't comes off as forced? Thought I would die before seeing the day.
- The plot was pretty concise and well-rounded, focusing squarely on Drizzile and Goh.
- Nothing to throw the plot off the rails, which is excelent in my book.

Negative;

- That has to be the worst and most rushed evolution I have ever seen in my life. Raboot honey, you have an rival now. Seriously, 25 episodes where Sobble didn't do anything of value, a single focus episode, shot down an berry (??) and evolved??? Dang the bar is LOW.
- The way they said what Ash's goal was with the intention to make the audience remember what it was, and the way it gives off the vibe like they think the poor job they have done up until this point is enough is honestly... sad.

I mean, 6/10 I guess?

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom