• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Preview JN063: Challenge! Pokémon Marine Athletic!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Piplup my beloved
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
Gonna laugh if dracovish's "focus" is just "it's there because it's the only water-type Ash owns" and not actually...ya know, focus
Knowing Journeys, this is 99% the case :whistle::whistle:

Reaction score
If not this episode, they'll give Dracovish focus in the Iris episode

Iris: "Ok Ash, we'll fight each other using two Dragon-types."
Ash: "Sorry Iris, I only have one Dragon-type Pokemon on me."
Iris: "What about Dracovish?"
Ash: "Dracovish is a Dragon-type Pokemon?"

Reaction score
If not this episode, they'll give Dracovish focus in the Iris episode

Iris: "Ok Ash, we'll fight each other using two Dragon-types."
Ash: "Sorry Iris, I only have one Dragon-type Pokemon on me."
Iris: "What about Dracovish?"
Ash: "Dracovish is a Dragon-type Pokemon?"
I doubt this is happening though, since Ash seemed to be aware Galarfetch'd could evolve, so it would be weird if he doesn't know Dracovish (It literally has Draco in the name) is a Dragon type.

Megalomaniacal toaster on a keyboard
Reaction score
I doubt this is happening though, since Ash seemed to be aware Galarfetch'd could evolve, so it would be weird if he doesn't know Dracovish (It literally has Draco in the name) is a Dragon type.
Ash had no idea farfetch'd would evolve - he's the first (in Kanto) to discover that method of evolution for galarian farfech'd and since they're researchers, they'll publish it and voila, now more people will be able to use Sirfetch'd in the anime

Reaction score
Ash had no idea farfetch'd would evolve - he's the first (in Kanto) to discover that method of evolution for galarian farfech'd and since they're researchers, they'll publish it and voila, now more people will be able to use Sirfetch'd in the anime
tbh, in the episode it was kinda implied Ash knew beforehand, while Goh didn't.

Right at home, in the magma
Reaction score
Although it doesn't appear to be playing a major role in the episode, its good to see Swampert appearing for the first time since Diamond and Pearl

Not counting movie appearances that is

Reaction score
How many episodes have been similar to these type of episodes, i.e. racing/obstacle events?
Don’t get me wrong, I actually enjoy these episodes, so I’m happy its around, but they’re kind of beating a dead horse aren’t they?

EDIT: Only ones I can think of are the Rapidash episode from the original against Gary’s Arcanine, the Pankcake Race from S&M, Pokeathlon in D&P (Pikachu v Snorlax), Noibat’s Race in XYZ, Charjabug Race in S&M. Even the Summer Camp finale in D&P counts.

Last edited:
All life matters. Not matter age or skin color!
Reaction score
How many episodes have been similar to these type of episodes, i.e. racing/obstacle events?
Don’t get me wrong, I actually enjoy these episodes, so I’m happy its around, but they’re kind of beating a dead horse aren’t they?

EDIT: I can only ones I can think of the Rapidash episode from the original against Gary’s Arcanine, the Pankcake Race from S&M, Pokeathlon in D&P (Pikachu v Snorlax), Noibat’s Race in XYZ, Charjabug Race in S&M.
It kinda is

Reaction score

EDIT: Only ones I can think of are the Rapidash episode from the original against Gary’s Arcanine, the Pankcake Race from S&M, Pokeathlon in D&P (Pikachu v Snorlax), Noibat’s Race in XYZ, Charjabug Race in S&M. Even the Summer Camp finale in D&P counts.
Don’t forget about the ice float race from earlier in the series’s district the Vikavolt race around the end of SM.

Status
Not open for further replies.